Lower St. Croix Report

• Snap
    Participant

Fished from 8am – 2pm just upstream from Prescott and not a single bite.

Short report.

But a beautiful day to be on the water.

Oh Yeah. And this landed right next to me.

Attachments:
    1. thumbnail.jpeg

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

Was fishing the Kinni narrows about a week ago. There was a float plane that was flying south to north along WI side. Looked like it flew between some trees over the beach and did a touch and go landing right in front of the DNR houseboats that are docked at the park. There was a guy trolling within a 100 yds of where it landed. Kind of cool. No fish for me that day either.

The last 3 times out for me have resulted in 2 sheepies, 1 sauger and 1 walleye. Hoping it turns around soon.

phoyem
    Participant
    Minneapolis

I’ve been out 3 times in the last 10 days around Hudson. Trolling cranks. Not fast and furious but each of the 3 times have been able to bring home either a few keeper walleye or decent sauger (and quite a few shorts).

Also got this bonus 49” muskie while trolling in the hudson channel!

Attachments:
    1. ski.jpg

Snap
    Participant

Holy Sh!t! Nice fish!

Deuces
    Participant

He!! Yeah nice fish peace toast waytogo

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Sweet!

Paulski
    Participant
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

It was an interesting one this morning.

First, a guy thinks cutting behind me when I am backing up to launch was a good idea this morning ….. then as I launch at the bluffs it is pretty much very very low, first time I ever stepped on the rocks as we are off the actual ramp. I need to take my spare tire off as it was scrapping going in an out.

Lots of logs and stumps where I have never seen them below, lots of floating grass also. Seemed like almost no flow to the river. Tried Kinni and a couple other spots, and only a sheepshead for my effort. Pulled the plug early. Hopefully next week is better.

Let me just say it, we need RAIN, to get the river moving and get it back to its normal levels. Although once we get that, all the logs will start moving.

Paulski

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.