Low pressure crappies

• tim hurley

Read that crappies are low in the water column when the pressure is low-sure was true for me today, the pressure was very low and fish were pinned to the bottom-beautiful day to be out though-watch out for ‘no wake’ postings, lake I was on had one.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

What lake has a no wake sign?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What lake has a no wake sign?

Pokegama and cross and the snake river between the 2. I don’t think I seen 1 boater pay attention to this yesterday. The water has receeded to the point I don’t think it’s high any more

tim hurley

They have in the past posted ‘tonka & I think the Horseshoe Chain.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They have in the past posted ‘tonka & I think the Horseshoe Chain.

Back in 2014, Lake Minnetonka was no wake all the way through June. We received 14 inches of rain that month. The recreational boat crowd is not happy when that happens, especially the wake surfers.

tim hurley

Went back to the lake where I struggled during a low pressure front-this time I marked a caught a bunch it was like a different lake, yesterday the pressure was high and so were the fish, also helped that the no-wake restriction was lifted.
    Caught a crappie with a lamprey attached not sure if that was normal.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Went back to the lake where I struggled during a low pressure front-this time I marked a caught a bunch it was like a different lake, yesterday the pressure was high and so were the fish, also helped that the no-wake restriction was lifted.
    Caught a crappie with a lamprey attached not sure if that was normal.

Becoming normal in that body if water. We have been seeing lots of that the last few years. Just had a huge one come off a Channel cat over by the bridge. Was pretty nasty. Had to of been 6 7 inches long

Jimmy Jones

I found a blood sucker of some sort on a crappie fin the other day. The fish went back, the sucker did not.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.