LoW Ice conditions

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Supposed to be heading up to Lake Of The Woods tomorrow 03/17/21 after work. Anyone have a current report on ice conditions? Already planning on bringing the wheelers. TIA

dbright
    Cambridge

I have some buddies heading up the 18th. They have checked with the resort a few times and they keep telling them they are good. I did see a few photos with plenty of wheelhouses out over the weekend.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Just got back on 3/14. Zero snow on the lake. Even with scratchers our sleds were struggling to keep from overheating. Trucks or wheelers will be great.

bigpike

Had some co workers come back Monday. They were 20 miles out….

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Just returned from a weekend out of Springsteel. Last Thursday they stopped letting wheelhouses out yet the ice seemed pretty good. Hindsight would have said it would have been ok but we stayed in our wheel house on shore and you could drive anywhere. There is a heave starting about 4 miles out but we did fine staying on the west side of it. The last hour always seemed magical!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Leaving Thursday for Arnesen’s. I talked to my friend there and he said we are good to go! Shoreline gets a little beat up in the afternoon so we are bringing a few boards for the wheelers. Ice cleats a must!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thanks all for the info. Appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.