LOW fishing reports?

• Jason

I’m heading up this week – wondering how the fishing has been around the Baudette area?

Anyone been out lately?

Jason

Thanks for the (2) links.
    We arrived today and caught plenty of fish for a good meal. Lots of smaller ones that we thru back as well. There was a fair amount of boats fishing just north of Pine Island in 15-25′ of water. Some of the boats where running all the way to Garden Island but with 15-20+ mph south wind we stayed closer to shore.

Ripjiggen

I wouldn’t think you would have to run all the way up there this time of year.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for reporting back.

Hopefully, you guys run into to a few nicer ones.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My parents were at Lake of the Woods for 5 days this week and they hammered some big walleyes. They caught 12 walleyes over 27 inches, including a 30 1/4 incher my Father caught.

Attachments:
    1. July-LOTW-3.jpg

2. July-LOTW-4.jpg

3. July-LOTW-1.jpg

4. July-LOTW-2.jpg

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

gimruis,

Those are some nice ones. Thanks for posting. I talked to your Dad Saturday evening while we were waiting to load. I am glad they got some nice ones. Was your mom the lady that was on Larry Smith last year when the covered the Warrior tournament? Are they fishing the MTT today?

We are heading back up next Thursday.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Was your mom the lady that was on Larry Smith last year when the covered the Warrior tournament? Are they fishing the MTT today?

Question 1: I don’t know.
    Question 2: Yes.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

The lady on Larry Smith told a story about a Warrior tiller and her dad buying it after a health scare. I thought it was great.

I hope they do good today and tomorrow.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The lady on Larry Smith told a story about a Warrior tiller and her dad buying it after a health scare. I thought it was great.

I hope they do good today and tomorrow.

That was probably her. My Grandfather bought it years ago and they bought it from him before he died.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

My parents were at Lake of the Woods for 5 days this week and they hammered some big walleyes. They caught 12 walleyes over 27 inches, including a 30 1/4 incher my Father caught.

Great fish! What technique were they using and what general area of the lake?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What technique were they using and what general area of the lake?

Charlie, they did not relay the tactics or locations on the lake to me. I only received the photos and the size of the fish they had caught.

Ripjiggen

In one pic it looks like they are trolling. Crankbaits would be my assumption but only a guess. Nice batch of big ones though hopefully they have that luck on tourney day. Good luck to them.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>arcticm1000 wrote:</div>
    Was your mom the lady that was on Larry Smith last year when the covered the Warrior tournament? Are they fishing the MTT today?

Question 1: I don’t know.
    Question 2: Yes.

Your mom may have been on Larry Smith Outdoors TV show and you don’t know?

Anyway your folks sure look to take their fishing seriously.

Do I remember you’re saying they lived at Mille Lacs?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Do I remember you’re saying they lived at Mille Lacs?

No, they live near Princeton. They fish Mille Lacs a lot though, and spend about a week at Lake of the Woods twice a year too.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Here you go. I enjoyed her story.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Here you go. I enjoyed her story.

Thanks for posting arcticm1000. I’ve never seen that clip.

I got a Beckman muskie net and a portable turkey blind from him before he died. The turkey blind reminds me of him when I’m sitting in it for hours in the spring waiting for old long beard.

Jason

Nice looking fish – I’m ready to go back up there myself but I don’t have anyone that can currently go with.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Great story!
    We will be up next October 17th till the following weekend, most enjoyable trip!

drewbop
    Duluth

I was up at LOW last week out of Arnesons. Thursday we fished half a day and only caught 2 slot fish. Friday fished most of the day but came off the lake a couple hours early due to storms coming and only managed 7 fish with 4 eaters and a 24″ and 25.5″. Saturday we put it together and caught 46 fish, but the biggest was only 21″ but a lot of 15″-19″ fish so we were able to bring home our 12 fish. Most caught on the south end of the lake in 25′-30′ of water.

We did run up to garden island and fished the south west side on Friday and didn’t catch a fish. We had never been up there but with everyone always saying how good it was we wanted to try it out. Not sure where everyone else fishes when up near garden island?

Caught the biggest fish pulling plugs

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Nice fish! Wow 12 over 27″ that must be a lot of fun. bow

Karry Kyllo

The big fish are definitely biting on LOW and I’ve heard many stories. The fishing is really good up there now.
    My wife and I were fishing east of Rocky Pt. in about 30 ft. of water last Saturday trolling cranks with snap weights and caught 5 over 25 inches in a very short day on the water. We only fished until we filled out with keepers and went home again(it was just a day trip for us and we live 165 miles away). We caught eating size walleyes, smaller slots and lots of saugers also.

Greg Perz

Headed up tonight and plan to fish tomorrow. Any suggestions on where to fish with the strong south wind? I prefer to pull spinners but I am willing to try anything to catch fish.

With the weather I would probably reschedule the trip but I am headed back up from the cities area to pick up my truck/boat. Long story but just before the 4th I hit a deer on my way up there and had to leave everything up there and head home.

Any info helps.
    GP

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.