LOW Cabin Only

• kbeck12
    Participant

Hello,

Looking to see what resorts on LOW offer cabin/room only options. We have all of our own gear so wouldn’t need the fishing package/houses. Would be looking for only rooms/cabins to stay in and ice road.

Thanks for any info!

Tony Hanson
    Participant

I’ve never used them in the winter, but have stayed with Linder’s Hideaway Cabins for open water and highly recommend them.

Karry Kyllo
    Participant

I think almost all of them if not all of them offer lodging only without fishing packages. You can get passes for the ice roads no matter where you stay.
    Just start calling around. Lake Road Lodge or motels in Baudette are good options too.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Adrian’s has cabins and runs the road, so that’d be a good starting place. Most of the Wheeler’s point resorts have cabins. Make sure you have a backup auger, and depending on when you go extensions.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Most of them will do this. There’s a lot of people that do the same thing you want to do

beardly
    Participant
    Hastings, Mn

Zipple Bay.

mark-bruzek
    Participant
    Two Harbors, MN

The owner of Lake Road Lodge went out of his way to be courteous and helpful to me and my family when we were fishing off one of his spur roads, we were not even staying at his place. IMHO he is a very stand up person and the least I can do is spread the word.

jetro
    Participant
    Mayer, MN

Lakeroad lodge has the best setup for DIY trips, park right in front of your room, big fish cleaning room where you can leave augers overnight to thaw, Community dining building with fish fryers and hot plates, cookware, utensils to cook your own meals. Close enough to all the major resorts if you wanna grab take out.

snelson223
    Participant
    Austin MN

Most would offer something like this. I’ve stayed at Ballards and the last few years we use Beckels Bunks. I’ve also stay in town at the motel and used Wigams road. A lot of people up there don’t like Wigam but they have a lot less traffic than Adrains road. You can use their fish cleaning facility with is nice.

Red Eye
    Participant

Morris point resort was always good to us. As was walleye retreat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.