Triton 186 Allure boat, anyone with first hand experence?

• Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

I went to the Boat Show a couple weeks ago and was really impressed with the 186 Allure great fit and finish good lay out and super good pricing. My question is does someone have first hand experience on how this boat handles big water and big waves. I know the 20’6″ is known to be great in big water but I just can’t afford the big bump in price. I’m told this is a fairly new hull and is actually produced in the Ranger factory, looks pretty similar to a Ranger Reiata 1860.
    Thanks for any help.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Does anyone own or been in one?

mojogunter

I know one member here has the fish hunter 186. I believe it is the same hull. I will look for who he is and let you know. That way you can send him a PM.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

As a competitor,I have not had any negative feedback on this hull ride wise, as long as you are comparing similar models. Regardless of anyones opinion, I highly encourage you to get with your dealer to arrange a test drive. The key is to experience it for yourself and assure yourself that it meets your expectations!
    Best of luck !

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

thank you for your comments. I see BK picked up a new Skeeter that appears to be some what similar type boat. Can you PM me app what the cost of this new model is. And do you sell Mercury I just not a fan of the Yamaha’s. I know that is a sin on this site but I had a bad experience with their early 150 4 stroke.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I believe the National advertised price is $43.000 ish.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Go to the Skeeter forum and look for the thread Cal posted.

Shawnkurth

I have a 09 192 allure it’s the most versatile boat I’ve fished. Lake Michigan
    No problems 10′ waves . Mississippi back water 20″ deep no problem. There’s not much room for a kicker. But I have a 9.9
    Lund used the mold for the Tyee

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

wow 10 footers I’m way to chicken to attempt that! I’m just trying to find a boat that does well in 3 footers and can handle 4 footers with out beating the boat up. And of coarse has a dry ride.

the price of the 186 Allure is a much better fit for me it sells for $36,000.00 plus electronics. Even this is at the top end of my budget.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Hi Wayne,
    Feel free to email any of us at [email protected]

Yes, that is a very good price! However the price tag does not mean the boat works for you! Please do yourself justice and drive it! Hopefully it is what you are hoping for, if not, the price is only relative.The least expensive boat is the right one for you !

WalleyeGuy17

I’ve run a 186 Allure since 2014. As long as you drive the boat for the conditions you will be fine in 3-4’ers. Driving style also depends on how dry you will stay. Any type of strong cross wind and you will get a little wet, but most boats are that way. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

I have a 2015 186 fishunter. Same hull as the allure. I love my boat. 4 footers are no problem if you know how to handle a boat in those conditions. There is room for a kicker, I have a Mercury 9.9 prokicker. Which dealer did you see the boat at? I know you’re in N Sconnie but I purchased from In Tune Marine in Richmond, MN. Great people and great service. I would highly recommend contacting them. I’d also be happy to take you out for a ride if you’re in the area sometime.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I see BK picked up a new Skeeter that appears to be some what similar type boat.

I’m not going to get too involved in this thread because I only have about 4 hours on my Solera, my first glass boat.

Loved the ride in 3 footers on Pepin.
    Slowed down after I figured out I was airborne as much as in the water on the way back.
    I have faith in the Yami 150 SHO that it will perform as reliable as my 2001 90 Merc.

** The Solera includes
    Graph/gps
    Minnkota trolling motor
    Bimini top
    Tow/Ski bar
    Winch Post Ladder
    Top end Bluetooth Am/FM radio with 4 speakers

All as standard equipment included in the price.

Test drive the Allure as recommended.
    Also with a little advance notice you can test drive my (granddaughters) boat pretty much any weekend before June.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Thanks again everyone for the replies. Crawled around the boat for a hour yesterday. I really like the boat but also a major part of the decision is the dealer is a friend and I would be uncomfortable purchasing some where else. Still trying to wrap my mind around spending this much money at my age (72). Also I was extremely impressed with the trade in value of my Superhawk. Lots to think about.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I have a 09 192 allure it’s the most versatile boat I’ve fished. Lake Michigan
    No problems 10′ waves . Mississippi back water 20″ deep no problem. There’s not much room for a kicker. But I have a 9.9
    Lund used the mold for the Tyee

10′ waves?!? shock

We either have a Triton rep on our hands, or someone with a broken measuring tape

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.