Looking for ideas

• Greg Krull
    Participant
    South Metro / Pool 4

Thinking of hopping around lower Lake Pepin on the 4th of July. Any good places to hit up? I’ve only been to the Pickle Factory. Will have my wife, daughter, and daughter’s friend along. (21 year olds).

Is there a public dock to stop at in Lake City? Any other nice places to hit up for a drink and bite to eat around there?

TIA

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

Reads Landing Brewery is kinda cool. Not sure about docking though.

A bunch in Lake City to choose from. A place to dock might be a challenge. You can dock in the harbor if there’s space. Not sure if they charge for it. All the places to eat/drink are in walking distance of the harbor.

Kelly’s Lake House is on the North end of LC.

There’s a few places in Pepin besides the Pickle Factory.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Kelly’s Lake House is on the North end of LC.

x2 they have a huge dock, and the Kelly’s in Red Wing has good food so I’d assume the Lake City one is really good too.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Garden Pub in Pepin is a cool little spot with solid food, drinks, patio games, and music on Sundays. Look them up online or Facebook and they will pick you up with a stretch golf cart in the Pepin Marina if you don’t want to walk a couple blocks up the hill.

The Harbor View in Pepin is easily the best food in the area, but it’s not really a bar or pub and moreso a true restaurant with cocktails.

We haven’t made it to Kelly’s in Lake City, but plan to give it a shot sometime soon.

The Pickle Factory is cool because it’s right on the water, but I’d rank their food behind the others listed above.

Slipperys in Wabasha has music on Sundays that’s pretty good on their patio. I’m not a fan of their food, but we will have a couple drinks there on occasion outside.

Reads Landing Brewery doesn’t have any dock access. They’re on a busy corner of the river for weekends with a decent current and wingdams, coupled with a railroad track that limit any access.

Parkside Marina in Wabasha is easy to get in and out of and check things out. The City dock by the National Eagle Center in Wabasha is free and within walking distance of a few places. The Pepin Marina is tougher to get into as their hourly dockage space is not real big.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Slipperys in Wabasha is a super cool spot to dock and eat/drink.
    Bring good rope and double up. The current on their docks is no joke.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.