Looking for a place to stay while Grouse Hunting near Grand Marais, Mn

• Dan
    Participant

Hello All I just joined this Forum. I am looking for a change of Scenery from hunting NW PA. I did some research and thought I would like to try hunting Grouse somewhere near superior nation Forest in Minnesota, but I ham having a real hard time locating a place to stay . I don’t thing a Holiday inn wants me walking down the hall with a couple shotguns. Anyways,is there some website or can some one tell me where to stay. Looking to hunt sometime around 3rd week of October. Looking to stay in small cabin that is rented out by the week Or a resort that has cabins. My location I was looking to hunt is near Grand Marais Mn. Thank you in advance for all your help.

bigpike
    Participant

It’s going to be expensive staying in around Grand Marais during that time frame. There is a hostel up there that is around $50 a night. I stayed there last fall passing through and it was clean and nice. Hungry hippy hostel and farm. Dont let the name fool you. I’ll be staying there again. Also the grand marais city campground is a great place for cheap.

Morel King
    Participant
    PLAINVIEW MN

Crooked lake resort might suit ur needs

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Contact the chamber of commerce. Thats what they are there for. They can provide a list of available places.

BoatsHateMe
    Participant
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I like the cabins at Hungry Jack Lodge. 20-30 minutes up the Gunflint Trail, close enough to Grand Marais if you want to pop into town yet close to lots of backroads and logging trails. Take part of a day and fish a well managed Smallie lake on Hungry Jack too. Or scoot over to neighboring Leo Lake and get on some nice Rainbow trout too. The lodge keeps boats there to rent.

Bar and restaurant on site if you’d like.

Cabins are not remote as they are on the resort grounds but well maintained and tidy.

bigpike
    Participant

I’ve stayed at Lunds motel and cabins also. Another good option. Right in town. Walking distance to the bars and restaurants

?????
    Participant

We have stayed in town many times at a hotel and carry our guns in and out with no issues. Remember this is how most of us live up here it is considered normal. A do g is more of a challenge. There are several resorts up the Gunflint trail that are nice, the crocked lake resort by the Trestle Inn and lots and lots of really nice places to camp if you have a travel trailer.

catmando
    Participant
    wis

If you’re driving a truck, get yourself a slide-in camper.Go anywhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.