Long shot but WTH – Anyone have a hollow log they want to get rid of?

• bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I have my bear tag this year in WI. The hollow log I put my bait in back in 2014 has finally bit the dust and is rotting. I’m looking for a new one to use. Ideally it would be about 2 feet long and hollow. Would like to be able to fit between 5 and 10 gallons of bait in it. East metro or Western WI from Hudson up to Cumberland would be awesome. Willing to pay some cash and would very much appreciate. Thanks.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Oh man, I just cut one up and split it. If your handy with a chainsaw you could cut the center out of a normal log.

Snake ii’s

call the guys that sell firewood locally – bet they could hook you up

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Or maybe call local city public works departments. My BIL works for a city, and he’s gotten us a few requested logs.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

My local “yard waste” dump site if full of logs. Always a few hollow ones among the bunch.

buschman
    Pool 2

I will keep an eye out. I see a pile of these and know what your looking for. I usually pass it up when picking logs for carving. If I run across one in the next week I will chime in.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yes, but the Belle would get mad.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Thanks alot for the suggestions. I have reached out to a couple friends that do tree cutting for a living. There is a big firewood guy on the way to the cabin that I will also stop and check with too. I’m using my old log currently and those scavenger coons (about a dozen of them) weren’t able to get into the cookies. I’d prefer to use a hollow log verses a pile of logs to cover the bait. My dad will be baiting for me as season gets closer and I would prefer not to have him wrestling around with a pile of logs. -)

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I was able to pick up a new log to use for baiting. There is a guy just outside Clear Lake, WI that sells alot of firewood. He had several hollow logs to choose from in all sizes. I didn’t want anything that I wouldn’t be able to get in the woods by myself. This one should work great. It will hold 10 gallons of bait for sure. He charges 20.00 which I thought was more than fair.

Attachments:
    1. log-1.jpg

2. log-2.jpg

buschman
    Pool 2

bzzsaw, it sounds like a good deal for both of you. Good to hear. Its always nice when that is the case.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.