Locating crappie/fish in bowl type lake

• Jake Zachman

Need help locating crappie/other fish in bowl type lake.
    The lake is Newman Lake, Washington link to topo map: http://www.washingtonlakes.com/LakeInfo.aspx?id=15&t=1
    It is a fairly featureless lake. Has lily pads in several bays with paralleling weedbeds out to about 13 ft in bays. Some rocky areas but mostly no features and or deep weedlines that I have found. There is an aeration system at the 30ft depth that has some concrete block structure.
    I was hoping that someone with experience or with map software that could help me with a plan of attack to locate fish. I have only been able to catch small perch and a tiger musky. If anyone can help I would be so thankful.
    Sincerely,
    Jake Zachman

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I wouldn’t quite call that a featureless lake, I see a lot of nice structure there. The green areas are where I would start in the early season, just on the outside of the weed line. The basin of that large north bay is where I would fish once you stop finding them in the weeds. If you haven’t seen this week’s show, check out how James and Andy targeted the crappie outside the weedline, they did an excellent job explaining the pattern! Good luck, let me know how you do.

Attachments:
    1. image12.jpg

Jake Zachman

Ok. I guess what I meant was not a lot of brush piles rock piles out in the deeper water just flat muddy bottom. In the north bay there is an underwater island that you can see on satellite image. I will watch the show and once we get some ice I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.
    Jake

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.