live scope mounted to vantage

• Patrick Filipek

I have a dumb idea, i am looking into a live scope set up but i am wondering if anyone has mounted the transducer on a minnkota vantage on a tiller boat, it seems logical since it has a telescoping handle and you could turn it any direction you want. with my tiller i like to do everything from the back, i have seen the removeable poles but i dont like the idea of wiring all over the place so i though this might be a good fix or possibility. Is anyone doing this? I do know of all the mounting options but trying to think outside the box.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I would just be worried about all the slack cable needed to turn properly and having to keep track of how much you’ve turned one way vs the other…

Honestly the pole systems work great and provide maximum flexibility imo….

I use the Summit pole system and can move my Livescope to/from my dock & boat instantly.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I know a few guys who run it on their vantage. Slick setup going that route

Ntau Yang

Well I have done it. For the extra cord length just wrap it enough around the pole and just get some removable zip ties so you can reuse them when you put and take off your mount plus go on YouTube they have these two guys that really tell you how to make a versatile portable live scope setup so you can take with you anywhere

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.