Line brand

• Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Hello to all
    I am just wondering as fishing opener is closing in closer and closer which type of brand of line I should buy.I need something that I can buy a lot of because I hear that it is important to always switch your line after each outing and different diameter does different things to lures so if anyone knows all of this great knowledge could you pass it along i fish for all fish but for tournaments bass and walleye.
    Thanks a bunch

TripleA
    Blaine

For braid go with suffix 832. You only need to change your line at the beginning of the season, most people go a few seasons on the same line. Braid lasts even longer than mono and flouro. You should google fishing line for some more information.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

Not sure who told you to change line out every outing, but there is no need for that. I usually change mono once, maybe twice a year. Braid can last a few years. When I think it needs to be changed, I spool it onto another reel backwards. As for brands, I use Berkley Big Game 12# for my trolling line, suffix mono and Berkley Braid 6 or 8# for spinning gear. Musky fish with Suffix 832 or Power Pro, and tie my 3 hook spinner rigs with 20lb Berkley Vanish Fluorocarbon.

deertracker

You will go broke in a hurry if you changed up your line every outing. It you want different lines for different applications buy extra spools.
    DT

joc
    Western and Central, NY

For braid go with suffix 832. You only need to change your line at the beginning of the season, most people go a few seasons on the same line. Braid lasts even longer than mono and flouro. You should google fishing line for some more information.

Ditto that’s what I’m using this year. If you do don’t forget to use a mono backer. Although I usually have to change at least twice if for no other reason because of lost line due to snags and the rare but unavoidable snarl. Nothing is bullet proof, however suffix 832 is top shelf braid.

Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

I was thinking that because mono and flooracarben stretch way to much.I remember hearing that somewhere

matt

When I catch a fish I just cut off the stretched out portion.After catching so many fish you run out of line.Thats why I use 4pound line for bass and walleye as I can fit alot of it on my spool.Im going to try to attach larger spools to my reels this spring for more line capacity.I usually purchase my fishing line from garage sales so I am allways trying differnt brands and cant reccomend one more then another.

Frank Russell

U can try the power pro.very dependable and not a bad price. Tackle warehouse has it in bulk

Frank Russell

I agree, u do not have 2 change line at every outing………………

Frank Russell

This is what works for me. Back your spinning and bait cast with braided line, leave enough room for about 30 yds of flouro. of your choice. that way all u need to replace is the flouro leader. saves u a ton of $$$ and it well for just about all fishing applications except for crank baits, use straight flouro or mono, no leader

chuck koopman

try a little line conditioner sprayed on , KVD and blakemore brands i find to be good choices. i use Ande line, have for years. when fishing structure and rocks check for nicks, and retie.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.