Lindy Beads

• tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I have started to lindy rig more lately. Would like to be able to tie more of my own. Looking at experimenting with different bead and hook combinations. For a size 6 hook what size bead would you suggest. Also as I have done some looking on line it seems that they only sell beads in one color. I would like to buy a bag that had multiple colors. Does anyone know where I could find something like that. I don’t need 100 of the same color.

Thanks in advance.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

My kids necklace jewelery making kit disappeared years ago, lots of beads and sizes probably $5 at Target, just saying.

Never got into beading Lindy’s, possibly a small red one, or glow soft ones for dingy water, like these.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabela-s-Glow-Egg-Shaped-Beads/1167391.uts?productVariantId=2876999&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03141838&rid=20&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPfUq6P31AIV1LrACh3wsgI2EAQYAyABEgLcR_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

My kids necklace jewelery making kit disappeared years ago, lots of beads and sizes probably $5 at Target, just saying.

DUDE! Thought that was just me. I made up for it by gifting her a 25 year old spool of Spider Wire that she’s made dozens of ugly necklaces with. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Really though, I don’t do enough rigging to have an opinion on colors.

sktrwx2200

4 or 5 mm would be what you would be looking for..something like this
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Pearl-Bead-Walleye-Assortment/711320.uts

Alot of the kits are for tying custom spinners.. where as lindy rigging is typically very minimal bead adornment. Maybe 1 or 2 to add a little color. On my lindys I prefer just using the “sticky beads” like the link the NHAMM posted.

But like everything everyone has their own preference…

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Fleet Farm has a great selection of blades, beeds and whatnot to build your own spinner baits. A case of assorted beads or bags of individual. Blades from different makers from many types. This was as of today in hudson wi. I was lazy and bought premaid. So many choices.

From what my neighbor tells me cabelas store in woodbury does not supply an assortment that of fleet farm in hudson.. though he did buy little joe plastic coated cable to make his own pike spinner at discount at cabellallas
    ,for the same price of same little joe premaid spinners at fleet farm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.