places to fish from the bank

• mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

I will be in Lincoln from the 12th through the 16 for some training. I hope i might get some time to fish as well. If anybody could give me some info on some good place to fish from the bank I would appreciate it. I dont need to know your secret spots mabey just some general lakes or locations. Thanks.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Fishing from the dam at BO can be very good, but I know there are many other spots. But taking a chance at some of those flatties at night sure would be fun.

whitetips2
    Participant

What do you want to catch?

deerslayer13
    Participant

You might want to check with Ben Garver. He runs a guide service on that lake. He most certainly will have up to date info on the lake.Sure he be happy to share with you. May be take you out for a couple hours.

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

Thanks Andy I know a guy who is a very good friend to Ben I might have to ask him about that.

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

Quote:

I have no specific species I just want to fish. I am not planing on keeping anything I wouldnt mid cathcing some crappies or eyes though. But anything I can get to bite.

whitetips2
    Participant

Quote:

Quote:

I have no specific species I just want to fish. I am not planing on keeping anything I wouldnt mid cathcing some crappies or eyes though. But anything I can get to bite.

OK, I am not going to have any magic to tell you. Mid-July on Lincoln area waters, shorefishing for crappies or walleyes is going to be TOUGH. However, I will tell you that I live in Lincoln so I fish the Salt Valley reservoirs quite a bit, and I own no boat.

First of all, I would always tell you to start here, 2010 Fishing Forecast. That will give you a good idea of which waters have potential; there are no guarantees the fish will bite, but at least you can know you are fishing where there are fish.

For walleyes, Stagecoach, Yankee Hill, and Wagon Train would probably be your best bet. Pawnee could produce some walleyes too, and so could Branched Oak, heck, even Holmes right in Lincoln could produce a walleye or two. I have not been out there for awhile, but I would think Yankee Hill might be the best bet right now.

For crappies, Stagecoach and Branched Oak would be the best picks, maybe Wagon Train. But, by this time the crappies have moved off-shore for the summer and might be really hard to catch from shore on any of our reservoirs.

I would guess early or late in the day would be your best bet for walleyes or crappies either one. Or, you may want to try some night-fishing and if you do that it may be just as well to target some catfish.

Those are some ideas for you, if you have more questions, please ask!

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    Bauer’s Barbs and Backlashes

deerslayer13
    Participant

That’s ok Steve. If you can’t get a hold of Ben. You might try Darrell. He knows the Lincoln lakes like the back of his hand. If he is not busy. He will take you out on one of the area lakes and you have a great time. If that guy is not working he is guiding or just fishing. He got a great boat and a great guy. Give me a call or private message and I will get you in contact with him.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Who the %#@$! is steve?

layne-monroe
    Participant
    Lincoln, Ne

Right on…. I’m lost now too. lol

Layne Monroe

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

Thanks Daryl I will use your info to the fulest. Oh yea and who in the &^ll is Steve?

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

I think I figured it out. I think Bob Moberly was referring to Steve from The Waterboy.

mroberts
    Participant
    Nebraska

I think you could be right on with that one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.