1-25-07 Pawnee report

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I was able to make it out to Pawnee last night. Unfortunately the fishing in the Lincoln area is not getting any better. We got there a little later than we should have. Shortly after getting some holes punched Todd landed a keeper walleye and then a crappie. A couple minutes later he had another walleye on which he lost at the hole. After his flurry of action it was over. We again marked tons of fish but couldn’t get any takers. Just before leaving I had my first good chaser of the night and I caught it. It was a little 5 inch crappie.
    It looks like today will be sunny and 45, but then we are in for another cold snap for another 7-10 days. I’m heading to Sherman for the weekend to chase walleyes, white bass, and crappies. Hopefully when I get home the fish in the Lincoln area lakes will be hungry.

Coyote Chaser
    Lincoln,Ne

How thick was the ice out their, I had heard that there was alot of slush with thin ice under that!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

We made our way out to the middle of the lake. There was 4-6 inches of ice. We tried to stay where there was still snow. the ice under the snow was the best. Lots of areas that looked scary. If you go just be very carful. It should be better this weekend when the slush and water on top has a chance to freeze up good with this cold front.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.