Wagon Train report

• orion94
    Participant
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

I got to the lake at about 0830 yesterday what a beutiful day it was.
    Water temp was 71 throughout the lake.Tried shallower, but 7-9 fow was most productive for me.
    Trolled for awhile as this was my first time fishing the lake so I wanted to see watch the electronics and see what was down there. I caught one 28inch musky and a couple of LMB while trolling as well as sacrificing a couple of rapalas to the lake gods.
    I found some humps tossed the anchor and jigged for awhile ended up catching one 14″ eye, several gills and a few more bass. Nothing real spectacular. Ended up leaving the lake at about 1430 and heading home. Tough day on the water. I would like to have some wind I think it would have helped the fishing a bit. No complaints though.
    Oh yeah I filled up my trash bucket in the boat with different crap I snagged off of the bottom(old fishing line, chunks of rope etc.) I really wish people would not throw their trash over the side of the boat and would just haul it out with them.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Those muskie will sure make a slow day on the water better won’t they? Congrats on the eye too. I’ve been after eyes the last couple of trips I’ve made out there and have yet to connect. If the water clarity improves out there it might be a little easier to get into them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.