Liberals Destroyed Hunting?

• stillakid2
    Participant
    Roberts, WI

This is not meant to be a political post, campaigning for or against anyone, but in the interest of our hunting community and its future, I think its worth considering, and challenging, things that we’re being told, and/or sold.

Here’s a video I saw today that is… well, maybe a bit over exuberant, but at the end (if you want to skip content) he gets into the distribution of where the money for tags/licenses is going in his home state. It does appear that this is an area in which we should be monitoring to ensure that our representatives are acting in our best interest. And please, I’m only sharing in the interest of supporting all legal and ethical hunters as a whole. That is my only interest.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Can’t tell if this guy is serious or if this is a bit. I couldn’t get past the part about him blabbing how the government shouldn’t tell him what color his clothes are when hunting. He thinks he’s pretty clever with his “blaze orange” shirt. That exact mindset is why we have to have the regulations we have. Pretty hard to take this guy seriously.

breakerbreaker
    Inactive

Ill check back here tomorrow for remarks like
    echo chamber
    why does everything have to be political on here, its getting old.
    but but but reps did xyz
    devil

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

why does everything have to be political on here, its getting old.

devil

Because it affects everything we do and generally relates to loss of privilege’s and freedoms. And typically hunters are proud FREE men so they are affected more than others. Typically but not always…. whistling

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I didnt watch the video and might later, but the topic of where the money goes is a hotbutton issue and not just for license fees. Look into where the money goes from MN Lottery and where it was SUPPOSED to go when it was approved.

E4mo
    Participant

The trajectory is that someday you’ll need bureaucratic approval to let your dog outside to do his business.

topshotta
    Participant

Wow, what an ignorant dolt. Thanks for the chuckle. My dirty socks have more woodsmanship and hunting savvy than he could ever achieve.

I am sick of a certain party that seems bent on taking away freedoms, specifically the freedom to get an abortion, read certain books, teach black history, say the word “gay”, use birth control, or marry the person of your choosing. Then they say that they are pro-freedom, and lose elections everywhere from my local city, county on up to the white house.

blackbay
    Participant
    mn

I’ve tried to watch that guy a few times. I’ve never watched his videos all the way through and always regretted wasting the time.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

That video was pretty bad imo, and simplifies everything into conservative = good and liberals = bad, when most of the issues are far more nuanced than that. I think he has a point on where our license money goes, especially in MN, when we are the primary financier of the DNR yet a lot of the funding goes to St. Paul suits, bike trails, birdwatching programs, parks that don’t allow hunting, and all sorts of things that do not benefit outdoorspeople. And I also think the regs are too far gone, and a huge deterrent to hunting and fishing recruitment and retention. But again these aren’t simply right/left issues.

A good example is public lands, lefties typically are far better on increasing public lands, yet also want them heavily regulated and hunting banned. Yet righties don’t want money going to increasing public lands and taking tax revenue off the city/county balance sheet, and typically ok with leasing it out for oil/mining/energy exploration. It’s nuanced, likely on a case by case basis, in what anyone may think is the better option.

Most importantly, imo, video’s like this do not help outdoorspeople. At all. As it forces us into binary sides, rather than rallying around our nonpartisan mutual areas of interest. If we, outdoorspeople, want a bigger voice we need to bring people together, not push them away.

The_Bladepuller
    Participant
    South end

As long as issues are framed as a “us vs them” as opposed to a “we / our” perspective we will not move forward as a nation / state / community.
    Social media will be the downfall of our society at this rate.

Gitchi Gummi
    Participant

Most importantly, imo, video’s like this do not help outdoorspeople. At all. As it forces us into binary sides, rather than rallying around our nonpartisan mutual areas of interest. If we, outdoorspeople, want a bigger voice we need to bring people together, not push them away.

Very, very well said BW.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

As long as issues are framed as a “us vs them” as opposed to a “we / our” perspective we will not move forward as a nation / state / community.
    Social media will be the downfall of our society at this rate.

100%

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Well said Werm and Bladepuller!!

pass0047
    Participant
    Pool4

Amen

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

Not worth it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.