Leech lake Fishing report – Perch, Eyes, and Sunfish.

• fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Just thought I’d post a quick report from our Leech lake trip. We fished Thur. – Sat. morning. Water Temps were between 60-64 Deg. We did not get ideal fishing conditions. Both Thur. and friday were way to calm for my liking. We did a lot of running around looking for some better size Perch. Fished mostly in the Sand point area. Lots of fish but most were small. You needed to do LOTS of sorting of the perch to get a few nice keeper fish (10-12″ ) We ended up keeping more 9″ fish than normal because everyone wanted a some fish to take home. We really didn’t target the walleyes but ended up catching a few while Chasing the Perch. The best water Depth for the perch seemed to be in the 9-11 FOW. The eyes came just slightly deeper ( 11-13 FOW ) 1/8oz Chartreuse or gold seemed to be the best color. The Bigger Fatheads, which were really hard to find locally seemed to get the better bites. If I was to do it over I would spend a little more and get Rainbows or something larger than the Fatheads that were available in the area. We once again spent some time looking for the sunfish on leech with little luck. The ones we were able to locate were decent size ( 8-11″ ) but just could not locate #’s. Small leeches ( Good luck finding ) worked the best for the sunfish. The few fish we did locate were on weedflats in 8-10 FOW. Just a few fish picture to share

Attachments:
    1. Perch-1.jpg

2. Perch-2.jpg

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

Want small leeches, come to keiss’s in cold spring. The shell station on 23, they had a pile of them.

Gino
    Participant
    Grand rapids mn

Looks tasty to me ! That would be my preferred pile to take home for dinner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.