Leech lake 1st week of august

• jbg1219
    Participant
    NW Iowa

Any tips on how to put fish in the boat. I dont care what kind of fish, unless it’s a bass. I prefer to fish walleye but a good panfish/ perch bite would be good as well. Anything really. I am staying at Trappers Landing so looking to fish the south side I suppose. Last year was my first time on the lake and we were able to get out a couple times with no luck at all. Any help would be great. Or even a guide suggestion.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Phil Bauerly from Outright Angling is an awesome guide! Also, Josh from Trappers is really good about keeping up on the current bite, I don’t think he guides but can definitely point you in the right direction. Walleyes that time of year are usually a weedline or deeper reef bite, along with the all year advice to fish wind blown points.

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Reports from Leech to start this year have been terrible I’m sorry to say. And, IMO it’s been on the decline for a few years now. We still go every year as a big family get together mid July so if you remember you can PM me then and I’ll tell you what I know.

But as Werm said if you want to catch fish I’d plan on hiring a guide.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I used to go to leech almost every year around the last weekend in July/first week in Aug.

Fishing is very tough but you’ll want to hit up walker bay…evening was the best time, morning was ok.

Aside from the tough fishing, it’s a great time of year to cruise, island hope, and enjoy recreational activities.

Lou W
    Participant

Evening trolling is my go to that time of year

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Agreed, island hoping and beaching are awesome. Wish it was easier to get some panfish or decent perch even. We will probably trailer to a different lake one of the days for the kids sake

fishmantim
    Participant

Fished hard for 4 days last year end of July, 1 northern and some dink perch, lake was chock full of bait fish, clouds and clouds of them. Good luck, bring Dupont Spinners aka. Dynamite whistling

Deuces
    Participant

NSFW

Attachments:
    1. download-2.jpeg

mnfisherman18
    Participant

I don’t mean to pile on with the negativity, but I have also had a tough time out there in early august.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Agreed, island hoping and beaching are awesome. Wish it was easier to get some panfish or decent <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>perch even. We will probably trailer to a different lake one of the days for the kids sake

Try Uram bay.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.