Leaf blowers

• bigstorm
    Participant
    Southern WI

Milwaukee 18V for me since I already had the drill and 3 batteries. the Leaf blower works just fine for what I need it for in the spring, summer and fall

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

For battery, just stick with what you have for batteries already. Battery is ok for minor stuff and longevity isn’t great. Everyone’s use is so different that opinions could be worthless.

I maintain about 5 acres around the house and buildings on my farm. BR700 has been a stallion for me.

Ralph Wiggum
    Participant
    Maple Grove, MN

I was kind of shocked when my son showed me this list of states that have cities or counties that restrict or ban the use of gas leaf blowers.

As someone with a neighbor that uses his Stihl backpack blower several times a week, year round, often for multiple hours at a time, I am not surprised by this. chased

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pat K wrote:</div>
    I was kind of shocked when my son showed me this list of states that have cities or counties that restrict or ban the use of gas leaf blowers.

As someone with a neighbor that uses his Stihl backpack blower several times a week, year round, often for multiple hours at a time, I am not surprised by this. chased

This is a little off-topic. Number of years ago I built a home in a Nazi style homeowners association. They actually had a decibel restriction for noise. Mid day I had a guy show up with a meter and was taking sound readings from the job site. Wanted to know how loud my nail guns were the compressor, our lift, And other equipment. I understand the concern on loud noises on a regular basis but somewhere common sense Hass to be applied

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

If I am cleaning up grass clippings, blowing leaves out of gutters, blowing grass out of landscaping, or blowing off a dusting of snow…I just use the Milwaukee battery powered blower that matches my tools.

If I am moving gravel, piling up acres of leaves, getting rid of 6″ of snow, or want to quickly remove vinyl siding…I borrow one of my in-laws BR 800 X Backpack Blowers.

Random use – If you really want to accelerate some brush burning, start the pile and then open up the BR 800 and watch the pile disappear. It might burn faster than with gasoline.

Netguy
    Participant
    Minnetonka

Watching them clean gutters with 200′ of drop cords.[/quote

I clean out all my gutters from the ground using my Rigid shop vac as a blower. Bought several more extensions and made a goose neck out of a pvc plumbing trap. I am going to try and make an adapter so I can use my Milwaukee M!* blower. I use this to blow leaves from corners, nooks and crannies. Then I mulch. I’m surprised at the power of these cordless blowers.

TheFamousGrouse
    Participant
    St. Paul, MN

As someone with a neighbor that uses his Stihl backpack blower several times a week, year round, often for multiple hours at a time, I am not surprised by this.

Yes, it’s people’s own inability to self-regulate that causes all these regulations. If people would just pull their head out of their buttskies and THINK. It’s the constant revving of the leaf blower that makes them very annoying to some people. This is the main reason why I went electric, I still have a gas powered Stihl but if I need it, I only use it in the late morning or early afternoon. Never early, over lunchtime, or dinner/in the eveing.

gizmoguy
    Participant
    Crystal,MN

Yes, it’s people’s own inability to self-regulate that causes all these regulations. If people would just pull their head out of their buttskies and THINK. It’s the constant revving of the leaf blower that makes them very annoying to some people.

Not much different than a Jet ski. whistling

rvvrrat
    Participant
    The Sand Prairie

Another vote for Ego 56V. Have the blower, weed whip and hedge trimmer. No cords, no gas, less noise. Had all for about 5 years now. Batteries are still strong.

duh queen
    Participant

What brand and what volt of battery power leaf blowers are you guys having good luck with? Thanks in advance

Who cares! as long as it can’t be started before 9:00 am or after 8:00pm. I was out on the lake last summer at sunup when a guy pulled out a gas operated blower and tried blowing the clippings off his lawn……for about 2 hours. it was so loud that I needed hearing protection 300 yds away. Now that’s a lousy neighbor!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.