Latest and greatest weather app?

• rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Since they’re all wrong anyway, I cross check to try to get the best idea… I currently use Weather Bug mostly. But… I also have and regularly use wunderground, Windy, and occasionally the weather channel.

I’ve really been taking a liking to Windy. I originally got it for the wind, but it has the best radar, satellite, and it has a lot more information packed into it than any of the other apps.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

The last time this question was brought up someone mentioned one that gave hourly wind direction forecasts which I would love to have for hunting/fishing. Hope they chime in again. I also have a new phone coming today so looking to take the time to update the apps I usually use.

A Salmon guide friend on Lake Michigan suggested “windfinder” for the most accurate wind speed and direction and it’s been as good as anything else I’ve tried.

FinickyFish

So I gave My Radar a test drive and will probably keep it on my phone only for the radar overlay which I really like, but I couldn’t find humidity forecasts (only current day) so that’s a deal breaker for me. I figured out ‘Frog Weather’ is just a version of the Google weather app which is built into the “At a Glance” widget on Android devices (not sure if it can be downloaded on iPhones) and its hands down the simplest and most informative minus a proper radar (it sends you to weather.com for that) and zero ads.

Think ill give Windy a look next based on some comments here.

Timmy

Windy, windfinder, weather underground, in that order. For the big lake, windy has been a blessing.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.