Latest and greatest weather app?

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

New phones, so time to update.

I have a new hate for the noaa app I had. Was excellent but now every time I click to go from radar to whatever I get ads for stupid azz kiddy games. If I wanted videos games I would have kept my ole 1970s pong game

CaptainMusky

Any free app you are going to get ads. There are some pretty sweet paid for ones, but they can be spendy. There is one that I believe the storm chaser Reed Timmer developed (not 100% sure though), but it is spendy. I just use free ones and deal with the apps.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Weather Underground app is about the best I’ve found. It has some bugs like the radar not updating unless I refresh multiple times, but overall it’s pretty good.

ThunderLund78

I use Weather Bug’s free app. No pop-up ads, ever. There’s a little banner section at the bottom with ads but I don’t even notice it.

Erik Swenson

I use Weather Bug’s free app. No pop-up ads, ever. There’s a little banner section at the bottom with ads but I don’t even notice it.

X2. Been using for years. Not always up to the minute forecast updates, but generally good and like the radar.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Weather bug. I know how it works and it does everything I need for multiple locations.

27eyeguy

Weather bug here also. Usually up to date and reliable.

FinickyFish

The last time this question was brought up someone mentioned one that gave hourly wind direction forecasts which I would love to have for hunting/fishing. Hope they chime in again. I also have a new phone coming today so looking to take the time to update the apps I usually use.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

The last time this question was brought up someone mentioned one that gave hourly wind direction forecasts which I would love to have for hunting/fishing.

I use myradar. It does that.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220719-132034_MyRadar.jpg

tim hurley

Weather Underground shows you everything, even graphs barometric pressure.

stevenoak

I use weather bug. My brother swears by Weather underground. I’m a lot more basic in my needs. In January and February, I use a separate app for tides and moon phases.

Reef W

weather underground for me.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Weather Underground. Daily forecast for next 10 days; of course that’s less accurate beyond tomorrow. Hourly forecast out a few days. Radar map, air quality, sunrise & sunset chart, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, UV index. What more do ya need? It’s free, so just scroll past the ads.

dhpricco
    Twin Cities, MN

I have an android. I have been using Frog Weather for a while. Like it because it gives hourly temp, precip, wind for the day and the next day. Then you can see 10 days out. Pretty simple and does not have any adds.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Since you all have the latest & greatest is it going to storm up here in International Falls tonight?

Thanks. grin

CaptainMusky

Since you all have the latest & greatest is it going to storm up here in International Falls tonight?

Thanks.

My app says “cloudy with a chance of meatballs”.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I use weather underground.
    I was able to register my acurite back yard weather station on it.
    Now I can see the weather at home when I am not.
    KMNLAKEV118

R Petersen

I switched from NOOA to much better Weather Underground. Has a small LIVE scan of any amount of the USA.

Sylvanboat

I use this too. Daily and hourly forecasts and a map.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

It’s raining like a mother just north into Canada. Looks like LOTW is getting another good dose too

folks22

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FinickyFish wrote:</div>
    The last time this question was brought up someone mentioned one that gave hourly wind direction forecasts which I would love to have for hunting/fishing.

I use myradar. It does that.

X2 on the My Radar App. Hourly wind and rain are helpful.

Lou W

Another MyRadar user here. I’ve used it for years, it’s simple stable and reliable.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Weatherunderground and MyRadar. Been using these for years. I think WU has the best wind forecasts.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Weather Underground shows you everything, even graphs barometric pressure.

App has the baro graph too? On the web site I see it but I don’t see it on the app. I do use both Weather underground and weather bug. I like weather bug because it shows lightning distances.

FinickyFish

Think I’ll give that My Radar a shot. Looked into Frog Weather and apparently it’s just a shortcut to a certain version of Google weather I had on my old phone, but can’t seem to find on my new one. I did like it though, simple with no adds and hourly wind forecasts.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Here’s the my radar app on my watch. At least they’re honest.

Attachments:
    1. image-1-scaled.jpg

R Petersen

I think ALL the weather sites did a REDUCTION of information several years ago.

Most sites just let POP UP ads take over the sites at times.

The worst is the….AD Council….. They tell you they will flood you as soon as you delete their ads.

Love the US Federal Communication Commission. FCC

Gitchi Gummi

Storm radar by the weather channel. It’s the best I’ve found of the free category and the ones already mentioned.

dirtywater

Weather underground and the windy app for wind details.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.