Last Friday and Saturday night Sturgeon fishing

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Friday was a cool wet one for temps but the fish warmed us up.
    Out of the two nights, Friday was the bigger fish night and Saturday was the numbers night.

Rigged with crawlers from Running Farm and Fleet we caught everything from a decent size sheepshead to shovelnose to flatheads to channel cats.

Saturday night we had the company of one other boater otherwise we had the whole river to our self. Not even the late day walleye fishermen. Andy was thinking about bringing some Tru-tied jigs along to pitch while waiting for a good bite. With the water at 66 degrees, there should be a few of those little guys coming out of the lake.

With the rising water we had some leaves and weeds on our lines each night but depending on the location of your anchor, it was manageable.

I’m moving up to the St Croix for some slower water this weekend.

Enjoy the pics and make sure you let Andy “the catfish student” know how good he looks holding on to Mr. Whiskers. )

Attachments:
    1. DSC04942.jpg

2. DSC04941-1.jpg

3. DSC04941.jpg

4. DSC04939.jpg

5. 10-pound-channel-Andy.jpg

6. flat-w-Andy-2.jpg

7. Flat-w-Andy.jpg

8. Lake-Sturgeon-w-Andy.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Nice!! toast

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Did better than I.

Nice job Brian!

Catfish have big mouths so you can lip em ;)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’ve found with walleye guys (and girls) it’s better to use a catfish gripper. shock

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve found with <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye guys (and girls) it’s better to use a <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>catfish gripper. shock

paging walleye student annie cox!

jk andy, lookin good! waytogo

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’ve found with walleye guys (and girls) it’s better to use a catfish gripper. shock

I hope you didn’t confuse me as a walleye girl. Was it the dress I was wearing? lol

Beautiful night on the river, relatively calm waters…an almost full moon made for such a romantic setting.

Was wondering why you put lipstick on that small sturgeon?

Good time though, sometimes it’s not all about the fish you catch…but who you share the boat with. grin

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Good time though, sometimes it’s not all about the fish you catch…but who you share the boat with.

I’ll drink to that! toast

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>
    Good time though, sometimes it’s not all about the fish you catch…but who you share the boat with.

I’ll drink to that! toast

I hope you both were wearing knee high rubber boots, for all the BS that had to be flowing through that boat! I’d be happy to monitor that next time around! jester

404 ERROR
    MN

Was wondering why you put lipstick on that small sturgeon?

That lipstick must have worked, don’t act like we don’t see the passionate look in your eyes…BK musta reminded you to wipe the lipstick off your cheek before the picture was taken…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Did ya hear any crow’s?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.