Lakemaster for Lake of the Woods Ontario

• David G
    Participant

Last June I was fishing LOTW out of Kenora. When I got into the Shoal Lake area my Lakemaster chip had no coverage. I heard that that area hadn’t been mapped yet, but that it was scheduled to be for next season. I was using the Minnesota chip. Anyone know if there will be a “complete” coverage chip out for next open water season?

The Real Joe Blow
    Participant

They just released the new VX chips. The map list for Ontario does not show Shoal Lake, nor does it show Lake of the Woods as being updated (no * next to it which designates an update, so I would expect it remains unchanged from the previous version). Since the chip is brand new and just making its way to stores now, I doubt that there will be any more updates released for another copule of years at earliest.

If you want Shoal Lake, Angler’s Edge has mapped it, and honestly, their mapping is better and more accurate than any Lakemaster product I’ve ever seen.

https://anglersedgemapping.com/search?keywords=shoal

Their chips only run on Lowrance units. If you don’t have one, a reasonable workaround is that you can also buy their maps to run on the free Avenza Maps app on Android and Apple phones. I piggyback mounted a wireless charging cell phone holder to my HB unit and it works really well to use the AE mapping.

Cheers
    TRJB

Attachments:
    1. 20220702_152950-1-scaled.jpg

2. AE-Shoal-Lake-Mapping.jpg

3. 20220702_152950-scaled.jpg

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.