Lake Zumbro Ice

• crappies

Has anybody made it out on Zumbro since the water came up from the melt? Just wonder how the ice held up. Thanks

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The ice itself would be good, but where you drive on and off might be a different story. Don’t go fast coming off!

Aaron Stevens

Some of the edges are pretty weak my friend broke through going off of private access. From Fisherman’s Inn we walked down and noticed 7 maneaters that we saw one was big enough for an adult to fall through. I think wheelers and walking will be the only way for rest of season.
    Please take caution out there that’s for sure and don’t go alone the current was flowing pretty good.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The water level is about 6″ up from summer pool right now….or close to 2 feet by winter standards. Shoreline ice could be an issue big time. The current can erode even good ice quickly around those open holes so yes, care should be taken.

Thanks for taking the time to check on the ice conditions down there and posting them here.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Drove out to Lake Zumbro today and the only ice there was is a sheet of ice blocking the boat ramp at the Ponderosa. Both of the docks at the ramp were in the water. All we need is some more warm weather and that ice should be gone. Come on spring!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I drove down as far as Fisherman’s and there’s still a ton of crap in the water. The lake is still at no-wake status as well. Mid week should see it back to an unrestricted status IF we don’t get a ton of water with this coming snow. 5″ to 8″ predicted at this time but ya know its Minnesota so that could double in a heart beat or not even show up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.