Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh 7-3-14

• diesel
    Participant
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Took a trip out today. Launched at 6. to my surprise I was the second boat to park. Usually Rainbow park is busy. Given the cooler weather I hoping to find some action. I did. Goats, Goats and more goats.

Started the morning pitching jig and crawler and floating a crawler on a bobber. Some soft takes but could not connect. When I did connect, a goat of about 6 pounds. Did not know that got that big.

After hopping reefs with nothing to show for it put the boards out to troll.

Pretty slow. Started different color flicker shad and shad raps. Shad, fire tiger and dark green perch. Big hit on the shad color. Another 5+ pound goat. Other rods quiet. Shad color hit again…..another big goat. Threw all my shad colored flicker shads away never to be seen again on this trip!!!!

No action for a long time.

OK. took out a shad color with a purple back just to see if my theory that the goats want shad colored lures today. Yup another big goat. Then my fire tiger flicker shad goes while fighting the goat. Nice weight fighting a little different…22 inch walleye.

That was it other than a white bass.

Tired of catching goats and decided to drive to check out where the reefs are on the west shore on my map chip.

While driving around notices a lot of guys trolling the mud. Must be getting to be that time of year.

Did not see many nets dipping today nor fish caught by other boats.

D

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.