Lake Erie Walleye Tournament (Lewt)

• hnd
    Participant

Not guilty?! LOL Good luck with that.

standard operating procedure for almost 99% of criminal trials.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I don’t play a lawyer on the internet, but how can “theft by swindle” be charged if there isn’t a tourney rule for it?

I don’t think the tourney rules will have any factor in the court cases. Theft by swindle is basically presenting something fraudulently. Like if you sold Spam as imported Prosciutto. They presented the walleyes as legal, when stuffing them with weights and filets of other fish is illegal. I don’t think these guys have a chance in he77 but you never know.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I think they will eventually lose by “beyond a reasonable amount of doubt”.. when or if they get on the stand and deny doing the deed. Especially if it is a jury of their “peers”… any sportsman/woman.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Would their peers be cheaters or scumbags?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

They presented the walleyes as legal, when stuffing them with weights and filets of other fish is illegal.

That’s my point. What is a legal or illegal fish in the rules. It doesn’t say. The game and fish laws haven’t been broken(?) It will be interesting to see what if any defense if used.. as of right now, the “not guilty” plea is just used as a plea bargaining tool.

I do hope that they receive what they have coming to them. (even if it was a walleye tourney ) )

CaptainMusky
    Participant

The game and fish laws haven’t been broken(?)

Except they did. They illegally possessed fish fillets (the ones they stuff in the fish).

Ripjiggen
    Participant

I don’t think the game and fish laws are even in play here. Frankly don’t think that part matters.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I would say it falls under rule #2 Sportsmanship. About the same as the Personal Conduct policy that is in most professional sports contracts

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I don’t think the game and fish laws are even in play here. Frankly don’t think that part matters.

I was pretty sure one of the charges related to illegally possessing wild game.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

You may be right but that is small potatoes compared to the other charges I believe. Although it would be a third F&G offense for one of them.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Here is Pat MacAfee’s take. WARNING BAD LANGUAGE

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

That Pat Macafee take is Great. I’ve seen a few different video’s of the weigh in and there were a ton of Bleeps in it. Now I know why. I still can not believe they got out of there without being beat down.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>
    The game and fish laws haven’t been broken(?)

Except they did. They illegally possessed fish fillets (the ones they stuff in the fish).

Too small or over limit?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I still can not believe they got out of there without being beat down.

Me neither. The director actually played a big role in that and asked them to leave before it became hostile/violent.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

You may be right but that is small potatoes compared to the other charges I believe. Although it would be a third F&G offense for one of them.

Agreed.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

I see Mr chase cominsky is in more trouble, getting caught using fake money at a bowling alley. Even had his kid in on it

bzzsaw
    Participant
    Hudson, Wi

I see Mr chase cominsky is in more trouble, getting caught using fake money at a bowling alley. Even had his kid in on it

You can’t even make this up. What a bozo.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

What a great role model he is for his children. Such a dirtbag.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

And in that article it links to another stalking charge. What a POS, that guy is definitely an Eagles fan… whistling jester

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Pos is right.

Nodakk
    Participant

Looks like his 18 year old son was charged for using the counterfeit bills. The text message exchange between the two is almost laughable it’s so bad

Viewing 22 posts - 151 through 172 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.