Lake Erie Walleye Tournament (Lewt)

• Pitter patter
    Participant

Anyone see video over weekend of the anglers getting caught putting 8 lbs of weights in walleye to win a tournament? Wow, just don’t watch around kids, the crowd really let them have it

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Funny I was just about to post the same thing!

You would think a metal detector wand would be used on every fish weighed in at big money events? That obviously wouldn’t catch the extra cut fillets these guys shoved down the fish though… I was really surprised with how much weight they added, how couldn’t the weigh-in official instantly know?

The thing that really sucks is this now puts ALL of their previous tourney wins (they’ve won many) in question BUT nothing can be done to make them return those winnings, think about the teams that finished in 2nd place.

I hope they at least get a lifetime ban from ANY fishing events, judging from the crowd in that video there will likely be some vigilante justice in their future…

Lasty it makes you wonder how many other anglers are doing it and just haven’t got caught?!?

B-man
    Participant

I saw the video last night.

Absolutely disgusting what competition does to people

KPE
    Participant
    River Falls, WI

How can someone just keep taking photos, interviews, prizes, etc. Knowing they didn’t do anything but cheat?

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Funny I was just about to post the same thing!

You would think a metal detector wand would be used on every fish weighed in at big money events? That obviously wouldn’t catch the extra cut fillets these guys shoved down the fish though… I was really surprised with how much weight they added, how couldn’t the weigh-in official instantly know?

The thing that really sucks is this now puts ALL of their previous tourney wins (they’ve won many) in question BUT nothing can be done to make them return those winnings, think about the teams that finished in 2nd place.

I hope they at least get a lifetime ban from ANY fishing events, judging from the crowd in that video there will likely be some vigilante justice in their future…

Lasty it makes you wonder how many other anglers are doing it and just haven’t got caught?!?

They are now facing felony charges, that video made my stomach turn.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I’m surprised there wasn’t more than words at the end there.

Joe
    Participant

Pretty obvious when they have 8lb fish that dont look like 8lb fish. These guys have probably been doing it all along. Losers.

Deuces
    Participant

2 other threads going here on the subject Fwiw

dirk-w.
    Participant
    Minnesota

Now serving on Lake Erie

Attachments:
    1. 12881EB5-5BD3-41D0-8ED6-90246DDD6A5D.jpeg

ganderpike
    Participant
    Alexandria

Gill-ty by all accounts. Hook line and mostly sinker

Pitter patter
    Participant

Still tournaments where they weigh dead fish?

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Yes most fish caught on Erie get taken tournaments or Rec.

MX1825
    Participant

The DNR’s around Erie want you to keep all fish over the 15″ size limit. The reason being because of record spawns/hatches they are afraid of running out of food for the millions of eyes.

Still tournaments where they weigh dead fish?

Nodak
    Participant

I guess the above poster answered my concern too. But without any additional information, it seems backward to kill tournament fish.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Yeah research Lake Erie…little different than round here. Guys stuff livewells with 10 lbers all spring and fall.

MX1825
    Participant

Lake Erie=fill the freezer.
    6 fish a day. If you go for a week you’re allowed 6 fish x 7 days = 42 fish to bring home.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Attachments:
    1. 85D73DA4-E86D-476E-B760-AF32FFE69DF6.jpeg

al-wichman
    Participant
    SE Wisconsin

There’s accusations against these 2 going back a couple years now. They failed a polygraph after a tournament once before. If you listen to the crowd you can people say that it’s about time they were caught. Unfortunately this still happens.

skinnywater
    Participant

The whole video is like a who’s who of micro penis’

arcticm1000
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

Ross Robertson podcast about cheaters from Erie

Coletrain27
    Participant

not only did they all the lead in them but also chunks of walleye that had already been fileted!

Charles
    Participant

Question is where did they filet those walleyes at? Can you do that on the water over there.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

I will be shocked if these guys ever fish competitively again. What a bunch of d bags. They hopefully get what’s coming to them, legally and otherwise. If I was one of the other anglers, not sure I could have kept my cool there.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I will be shocked if these guys ever fish competitively again. What a bunch of d bags. They hopefully get what’s coming to them, legally and otherwise. If I was one of the other anglers, not sure I could have kept my cool there.

A agree. You won’t see them fishing competitively again. Their reputation not only as a tournament angler, but as reasonable people in general, is ruined for a long time. The legal portion will get sorted out on its own.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

i’d be interested to hear about all of the previous event winnings they’ve had, you know this wasn’t the first time they cheated, just the first time they got caught…Think about the other angelers in the tourney’s that finished 2nd to them and lost out on obviously titles, money, free boats, etc, etc…

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I know they were soliciting a sponsorship from an area Fishing related product and in their application they put “all we do is win tournaments”… crazy doah shock

They did not get the sponsorship… luckily now !

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

Wouldn’t a very simple solution to resolve the cheating alligations be to fillet EVERY fish turned in by the top 10 finishing teams (the substanial money winners) and then just cook those fillets for the after-party/event or donate to soup kitchens? I know the general idea of most tourney’s is to keep the fish alive and release them back into the lake, but if those fish are ultimately eaten, who the heck cares? Obviously this doesn’t resolve the guys who have the secret compartments in their boats and sneak fish in from previous days…

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I read somewhere that they have won several big events and placed high in a lot of others. Someone posted the details of their tournament success. I also read that they would have won this tournament regardless if they hadnt put the weights in these fish. Pretty dumb.

JoeMX1825
    Participant
    MN

I also read that they would have won this tournament regardless if they hadnt put the weights in these fish. Pretty dumb.

Who’s to say they didn’t have lead weights in the fish they turned in the previous days? That’s the lasting issue from this specific situation, there’s an infinite number of What if’s that spawn from this…

Coletrain27
    Participant

i read the same guy failed a lie detector test after winning another tournament. now days why dont they just scan every fish with a metal detector?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.