Lac Courte Oreilles Fishing

• Mitch Bradshaw
    Participant
    Hugo, MN

Has anyone chased Bass on LCO lately? I am headed up to a cabin on the lake this weekend and it’ll be my first time on LCO. My buddy hasn’t had the best luck patterning the fish in this lake. I’m hoping to put him on Smallies and am assuming that they are going to be in deep or nearby deep water. I’ll be focusing my effort on deep structure and points. Baits of choice will likely be Jigs w/ craw trailers, tubes and drop shots. If anyone has had recent luck on the lake, I’d love to hear about it! Is it Friday yet?

FryDog62
    Participant

We had a cabin for 27 years on a lake connected to LCO by channel (Whitefish) and fished both lakes for smallies. They are in there but tough lakes to fish due to clarity, pressure, etc. Best luck was early mornings using the above tactics (jigs, tubes) you mentioned. I would go with whatever your confidence level is highest with. Wherever you fish – GO DEEPER than you think. Maybe start shallower but if you don’t establish a pattern, get deep.

As the day goes on, slow down and try drop-shotting around any deeper submerged rock piles you can find.

bassn7
    Participant
    Bruce,WI

There was 2 tournaments on LCO last weekend sat had 3 bags over 20#s & 18#s to make the top 6 sunday 18#s won & 14# was 4th ,both were 30 boat tournaments so the lake got beat on pretty good!
    Stan wave

Mitch Bradshaw
    Participant
    Hugo, MN

I saw the results of Saturdays and it’s safe to say I’m excited for this weekend! I will likely spend a lot of time out deep drop shotting around any structure I can find. Last time I was on Vermilion that was the ticket for me to get the big ones.

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

I had a friend that fished the Sunday Tourney. They fished deep with drop shots the winners of Saturday and Sunday according to him were fishing shallow on the tops of the structure. Where the fish shouldn’t be this time of year. SO I would try shallow and deep.

Mwal

Mitch Bradshaw
    Participant
    Hugo, MN

I rigged up a few lines last night with tubes, jigs w/ craw trailers, dropshot and lipless crankbaits. I hope to cover some ground and try break/structure in 10-20fow until a pattern can be established. Might try some topwater during morning/evening hours because there is nothing better than a topwater smallie bite!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.