Rumor has it….

• gjk1970
    Participant
    Annandale Mn.

I have not made a trip up there yet but rumor got to me thru a reliable source that Koronis has a pretty good crappie bite going on right now.. Anyone else been up there lately with any luck??
    I will be up there soon and give it a shot myself…

Serpant
    Participant
    Albertville, MN

We were out on Koronis last Saturday (the 30th) and did really well. But they weren’t crappies, nailed some really nice bluegills. We did catch some crappies, but they were dinks. But the sunnies were hammering, and they were perfect eaters. Not to mention alot of Largemouth interested in the waxies. I took my parents and girlfriend out, and fished the afternoon…I could only imagine the evening or morning bite and really working some other bays. But the sunnies were well worth it, due to the size and tastyness.

Will be out there for opener. The eyes should be on fire by then…hopefully they are in the post spawn rest right now and then come out on fire wanting to eat.

Chris

Hawg Lbr
    Participant
    Sartell, MN

If the sunnies were on this weekend, the crappies will be soon to follow glen.. I have spent a few spring days in the bay by the boat landing.. didn’t really need the boat, but why not right… sunnies and crappies hang tight to the shoreline and will bite until dark.. just watch out for the moron in the waders to walk in the water and ruin your spot worth it tho! the sunnies can get huge down there! best of luck!

gjk1970
    Participant
    Annandale Mn.

Thank you guys for your replys I am looking at Koronis as well for fishing opener.. Hope to see you out there… Hopefully the walleye bite will be on fire… There should be some size to the eyes within the next year or so..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.