Anyone on Koronis lately?

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

I am trying to get back there one more time before the year ends and was just checking to see if anyone had any current info on the lake…

walleye4
    On the Water

My brother was just up there on vacation this past weekend. He said they caught quite a few walleye, nice perch, SMB, and some northern pike. They were pulling bottom bouncers in 5-10′ of water with spinners and minnows. He said the trick was to stay right above the weeds off bottom and that was where they got the fish.

He never really told me how big this lake was. Is it a big lake?

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Thanks for the update. It is a pretty good size lake I believe it to be around 3000 acres. And has a 100 foot depth rating as max depth. Really nice lake I grew up on the lake on the weekends but then after it kinda crashed we moved more towards the Annandale area closer to the cities. But I went up with no luck earlier this year but that was expected since I have not been on the lake for near 25 years..

Borch

I’ve been out twice in the past week. Eye fishing is good with several bigger fish being caught and a couple little ones. Biggest one I got last weekend was a fat 27″er. Also lots of pike. Most are small but did manage one pushing the 10 lb mark. The bass are everywhere. Lots of 10-12″ largemouths to go along with the smallies. We also found some very nice sunfish when livebait rigging for eyes.

We found fish in 9-23 fow during the day. During the evening over the remaining weedtops in 5-8 fow. The walleyes are really plump this year and there are lots of nice ones in the lake right now. Water temps ranged from 65-68 degrees and the water still has a bit of color to it. Water levels are still significantly down from normal.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Thanks Jeff for the post and I am now for sure going to make it up that way hopefully in the next week or so…Best not to wait to long though…

Borch

I’m planning on heading out to Koronis tonight weather permitting. Sounds like Mille Lacs will be pretty rough tonight as the wind is supposed to kick up. Koronis is pretty tough to get blown off of with it’s smaller size and irregualr shape.

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

My son and I managed to try Koronis today.
    We spent a few hours in search of walleye in 5-20′ of water. All we found at those depths were bass.
    We then moved out to 28-32′ and caught 7 nice walleyes, all around 15″.
    Jigs-n-minnows were all we used, with no bites on shad raps.
    My guess is that the crank bait bite is night fishing only.
    A little bit breezy out there, but a great day on the water.

Surface temps were 57 degrees.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Thanks Bob for the update, I am still trying to get over there before this year ends…

Borch

Bite is still going for eyes. It’s not fast and furious but rather a good steady bite. During the day on minnows or crawlers in 15-30 ft of water. At night on cranks from 12 ft of water or less. You’ll find some tight to the shore at night. Good news for prospective shore anglers.

Water temps were 55.7 degrees for the most part.

riverrunt75
    Cold Spring

10-14-06 went out for the night bight between 6:30-9:30. Water temp. 51. Trolled various shad raps and a number of differnt stick baits around the islands. Most anglers were off the point of 3rd island jigging and bobber fishing. As for me all I got was a hammer handle northern. Talked to one guy at the park access and he claimed to have one that was 21″ that he caught trolling.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.