Kids Bow – 5 year old

• Matt Vogel
    Participant

My son recently was able to try out some Archery shooting targets and he loved it. His birthday is coming up and we have 2 ranges close by so we thought this may be a good gift. I have never bow hunted so I am clueless…. The bow he used was a Genesis Mini I believe. I am looking for any input for what would be some good options that won’t break the bank as who knows if his interest will continue.
    Thanks

Fowldreams55398
    Participant

Get the regular sized Genesis. He could use that all the way until he’s a senior in school if he shoots NASP. NASP starts at 4th grade as of a couple years ago if your school carries it.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

I was in the same boat when my son was 5. I picked him up a cheap compound bow at Cabelas bargain cave for $20. It gets the job done and he thinks it’s ok but nice than the ones at scouts. The next step up for him would be the Genesis. I have not fully looked into it but I think the Genesis is the one they allow for all the school bow leagues. Right now he is not into it enough to justify buying the better bow.

beardly
    Participant
    Hastings, Mn

My son turns 5 in February. He has been shooting a PSE Guide Youth bow. It has one sight pin and it’s finger release. It’s ok but I have nothing to judge it against.

He is left handed and I don’t think about how that would translate into his archery shooting. So, I am looking for something with that option. Looks like I will be checking out the Genisis. Can those be used with a release at some time? I’m assuming they have sight pins or you can mount them?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.