Fishing with Gracie

• Richard V.
    Participant
    Somewhere over the rainbow

My daughter called me this morning and asked if I could watch Gracie this afternoon. Some of you may know that I had plans to fish with Gracie Saturday, so now the pressure is on. I wanted to take her out to catch some blue gill, but the two lakes I checked out yesterday really bombed on me, as far as catching gills.

No Brian, I am not going to turn her on to the dark side. The first lake I went to…well it might be easier to see yesterdays post.

Today the first lake I went to didn’t have any active fish when I was there. The second one today wasn’t much better, the first five or six fish were exactly like the first picture. Then I started to catch some 6 1/2 inchers and they kept getting bigger. By the time Gracie showed up I was catching 8″ gills and feeling like I had something to be proud of.

She just turned 2 last month. Gracie really surprised me this afternoon she stay attentive to the task of catching fish. Although she did not want to touch either fish or crawlers. After about an hour she told me to give her a piece of crawler so I plopped it in her hand fast, maybe a little too fast, she immediately dropped it on the ground. I did manage to get her to touch it once I had it on the hook. No matter what I did she did not want to touch a fish. We fished together for about 2 hours and she would still be there with me if we didn’t have to come home for dinner.

markmoran
    Participant
    Rochester MN

WooHoo great story!
    Way to go Gracie!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.