Jug fishing in Kansas

• Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Kansas has legalized jug fishing on a trial basis. Only eight of the states reservoirs allow jug fishing. The KDWP (Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks) had a survey about this very subject on their site last September or October that I took part in, I voiced my concern about the number of jugs a person may use. Stating that a lot of states like Missouri allow way too many lines. Link to new for 2009

Third Annual Fish Night will be Friday, February 06, 2009 at Johnson County Community College. It will run from 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Several fisheries biologists will be on hand to answer questions.

Come on out and introduce yourself to these guys.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sounds interesting, Twister. Let us know how it turns out.

We used to be able to jug fish up here, but that law changed quite a few years back. I’d love to give it a try again in our canal system, but I doubt it will ever change. Some of the stories I’ve heard about my uncles are pretty wild, but sounds like it was fun.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

Third Annual Fish Night will be Friday, February 06, 2009 at Johnson County Community College. It will run from 7:00 – 9:00 pm. Several fisheries biologists will be on hand to answer questions.

Wow, I totally forgot about this last night. I was at Cabelas getting parts for my boat motor. My trip to pool 4 next month is taking control of all of my brain cells.

Did anyone make it out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.