Participant
    Zimmerman

I might go nils

Sam
    Participant
    Zimmerman

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sam wrote:</div>
    About to put kdrill on strikemaster power head

Or better yet put a strikemaster auger bit on your Milwaukee?

All I can say is KDrill did some great marketing and they work fine/great in 12″ of ice but in real MN ice they perform rather poorly.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Sell the k drill and buy the strikemaster auger bit. I have a strikemaster and can drill 60 holes with my hilti. I put on my buddies k drill and I get about 20 with the ice we have now. But the feelings in my wrist from the k drill is way way worse and the way it stresses and heats the drill up is way worse. That also goes with his m18 when it’s on there. I bet by the end of the winter he will burn that milwaukee up./ my hilti is the sfh18 a

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Scegura wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Sam wrote:</div>
    About to put kdrill on strikemaster power head

Or better yet put a strikemaster auger bit on your Milwaukee?

All I can say is KDrill did some great marketing and they work fine/great in 12″ of ice but in real MN ice they perform rather poorly.

26” of Minnesota ice last weekend and my 8” K Drill worked fine. As a matter of fact, it beat my buddies 2 year old Jiffy propane through the ice. He did have to take the one pull start into consideration.

In my opinion, the people who have issues with the K drill aren’t using it correctly. I can’t count the number of people who either run it in the higher speed with less torque, push down excessively on the handle, or don’t flip the chips out every 10” or so. Put it on the biggest approved Milwaukee with a 5.0ah or 9.0ah battery, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS, and let it rip.

lrott2003
    Participant
    Wisconsin

What setting do you have the drill on when your using it? I just purchased the Dewalt 996 and looking to see what setting to have it on.

Lowest gear in drill setting is the standard across any drill.

Dusty Gesinger
    Participant
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

1st gear, tighten clutch 1 step down from hammer drill, just drill I believe.

Brent Siebenaler
    Participant

What it comes down to is… do you like an auger with blades that will cut a bit faster/easier in ideal ice conditions, but fail quickly if it encounters anything frozen into the ice other than water. Or one that has blades that may cut a little slower and maybe, depending on the users sensitivities, with slightly more felt torque but will drill holes in any kind of ice as long as there is power to spin the bit.
    If you will be looking to reopen old holes on a regular basis it adds another factor to the differences mentioned above.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.