Just moved to Wisconsin need your help where to fish and boat safely?

• Anthony Vito
    Participant

Hello,
    I just recently moved to Wisconsin and I have a question that you may be able to help me with the question is. ? I have a tracker pro 165 bass boat that is a mod-v type
    Where in Wisconsin can I use my boat to fish safely? I used too fish& boat out of Antioch chain O’Lakes. And looking for lakes and rivers like this body of water. With fish in them

Attachments:
    1. 5E05EBEF-8E5C-4697-8F49-AB0B6F35A087-scaled.jpeg

wirivereyes
    Participant
    Central WI

Welcome to God’s Country!

The Wisconsin River is a fantastic resource for a multitude of species. Just like any other river though it has good and bad stretches. Has some great flowages(Petenwell, Lake Dubay). Use maps, other fisherman, electronics, eyes, previous knowledge of rivers to fish safely.

supercat
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

It will help if you update your location on your profile so we know where is WI you are living. In the meantime you can just give us your home location so some of us here can give you some advice. WI has many opportunitys.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

If you are a Packer and Badger fan, you found the right forum! Welcome.

Once you share some specifics I’ll try to help you out. I live in MN now, but grew up in Western WI

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

I highly recommend the installation of bumpers on your boat. The recent influx of Illinois Refugees has significantly crowded all the lakes and rivers here. Rumor is MN invasive species laws drove most VyQueens into selling their boats and just fishing from shore. Their lakes are empty of boats and will give you an abundance of opportunities. whistling

Welcome to cheeseland toast

Hodag Hunter
    Participant
    Northern Wisconsin

Welcome. What part of the state? I can give you lakes by me, but it might be 200 miles from you.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

Welcome Anthony.Give a location you will get lots of input.
    I’m in SW Wi if your in this area i can give you advise on the river.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Geneva, delavan, pewaukee, Okachee, nagawicka, silver, kosh, ….all relatively close. Many other smaller lakes like browns, bohners, hooker, wind,

Lakes around there get crowded and busy since you’re in the heart of the population density of the state.

I spent 20+ years of my life trying to escaping Ratscene. Besides hitting local stuff around there as a kid, I was inclined to make the couple hour drive and hit bago chain, Madison chain, Green Bay, Wisconsin river

Anthony Vito
    Participant

Is Wisconsin River safe for small boats?

Anthony Vito
    Participant

After living in Chicago and coming to Wi. Racine is nothing like Illinois I lov it here. So far.

Anthony Vito
    Participant

Where’s the best place to fish ? In Wisconsin I am in Racine but will travel some I Used to drive an hour and a half to get to chain O’lakes in Illinois from where I used to live. Also need to know where to take my 16ft boat it’s small but mine.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Is Wisconsin River safe for small boats?

Yes. Obviously you need to learn sections and how to navigate it

Lake Wisconsin can be challenging to learn, but worth it. I still hit that a few key times of the year and have fun

Geneva and Delavan are both great fisheries for many species. Geneva gets rough with pleasure boats mid day. But both are incredible lakes

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.