Water into Elwood???

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

B Robinson – Do you know the story? Is it just a rumor? We seem to be coming out of this drought maybe we’ll get Elwood back too??

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Ben supposedly they are going to drain Maloney in N Platte, sooo they could possibly divert that water into Elwood. That would be great if it is all true but we will wait and see.
    Matt

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Quote:

Ben supposedly they are going to drain Maloney in N Platte, sooo they could possibly divert that water into Elwood. That would be great if it is all true but we will wait and see.
    Matt

Matt is correct, they are draining Maloney so that would be a reasonable place for the water to go.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Here’s the latest straight from Daryl.

Rumors no more! You better check out this! CNPPID News Release: Sept. 8, 2009
    Looks like we will be seeing a full Elwood reservoir next year! In fact they plan to start putting some water back in there this fall. Now, let me make a prediction–as the reservoir begins to fill back up the fishing is going to be tough. You have depleted fish populations that will have an abundance of new habitat to disperse into, and there is going to be a lot of flooded terrestrial vegetation. But fish need water and in the coming years this will be excellent news for the Elwood fishery!

On Lake Maloney I believe they plan to start dropping water levels by later this month. Inflows are already nearly nothing. To do the dam repairs that they need to do they plan to drop the water level in Maloney even lower than it has been the past few years.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Let’s hope for more rain anyway.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

I will be out there on Monday and get some pictures for everyone. I am looking forward to doing some ice fishing out there this year.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Ben here are a few pictures of Elwood this morning, the fishing was terrible. I had better luck casting off from the boat dock than anywhere else.

When they start to fill this up again it will be very tough to fish. Ice fishing might be interesting. Anyway it was nice to be on the lake this morning but I think I will stick with the canal, the fishing is a little more consistant.
    Mat

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Thanks for the pics. It’s good to know it will be on the road to recovery. We just need to keep the wet weather pattern going for years to come.

duckhuntrrus
    Lexington Ne

Ben the bite is extremely tough right now. The few that are being caught don’t look very healthy. Tlked to a couple of guys this past weekend and they said they won’t go back for a while. Hope that helps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.