Dropping Water in Johnson

• richeyman1
    Participant

Heard this weekend that Central was going to be dropping the water around the 4th of July at Johnson this year. Any truth to that? Would be a shame to have to end the boat fishing that early this year.

whitetips2
    Participant

Quote:

Heard this weekend that Central was going to be dropping the water around the 4th of July at Johnson this year. Any truth to that? Would be a shame to have to end the boat fishing that early this year.

Water levels in Johnson are usually relatively stable. During the last extended drought the power district did drop water levels in Johnson to supply some irrigation water, but that was at the end of the summer.

Typically if there was going to be something like that, you could find notice of it on CNPPID’s website, and I see nothing mentioned there right now, Central Nebraska Public Power and Irrigation District, News Releases.

I will keep my ears open,

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    Bauer’s Barbs and Backlashes

richeyman1
    Participant

Thanks Daryl, I’ll check it out.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

I’ve noticed the water has been down more frequently at Johnson this year, and have heard the same from cabin/house owners. I would guess that they’ll have it back up for the holiday, but I know it’s been down before on a holiday and people couldn’t even get their boats off the lifts into the water. We’ll see what happens this year; the water level changes in the canal and corresponding lakes by the day.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.