Joe Pickett

• jbg1219
    NW Iowa

There was a topic on here a while back about the books… I just started to watch the series on TV and it is worth watching so far. Kind of a cross between Justified and Longmire.

Jimmy Jones

The book series is even better than the movie series.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

The book series is even better than the movie series.

2nd that

What channel are you viewing the movies?? I seen it advertised but didn’t pay attention.

Jimmy Jones

Spectrum has the Pickett series.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Spectrum has the Pickett series.

waytogo waytogo 8i’ll have to see if i get that one!!!!!!1

ajw

Books are real good. Immensely disappointed in the series. Made it one episode. It’s worse than a Hallmark movie as far as production quality goes

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t know if i’ve ever read a book that the movie was better.

Reef W

off the top of my head my less controversial picks would be:

Forrest Gump
    American Psycho
    Starship Troopers
    Shawshank Redemption
    IT
    No Country for Old Men

Gregg Gunter

I’ll have to check out Joe Pickett. From the other book reviews here I’m waiting for the last Mike Bowditch book and am reading the latest DCI Alan Banks now. Banks is televised but the actor doesn’t match my image of the detective so not watching it. The one movie that could match the book was Lonesome Dove. Both are great imo.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Shawshank Redemption.

One of my all time favorite movies.

ThunderLund78

Shawshank Redemption.

It really wasn’t a book, though, was it? At least not a novel? I thought it was one of a collection of short stories by Steven King? I’ve never read it so not entirely sure, but thought I heard that.

If that’s the case, it’s one scenario where the movie would actually have the chance to expand on the literary version and go into more detail. It’s usually the other way around.

Also one of my favorite movies, for the record. grin

Reef W

It really wasn’t a book, though, was it? At least not a novel? I thought it was one of a collection of short stories by Steven King? I’ve never read it so not entirely sure, but thought I heard that.

It’s one of 4(?) stories in Different Seasons. Different Seasons is 500 some pages I think, I don’t remember exactly how long the Shawshank part is.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I am not saying the show is better than the books, but it is worth watching. Better than most anything else on TV right now, Twins baseball included.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the one movie i thought was way better then the book was American Sniper. and i read that book 3 times!!!!!!!

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

There was a topic on here a while back about the books… I just started to watch the series on TV and it is worth watching so far. Kind of a cross between Justified and Longmire.

Yes thanks for this post I only spent 5 hrs watching it yesterday. Pretty good series so far he sounds a lot like Raylan Givens but not as tough.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

off the top of my head my less controversial picks would be:

Forrest Gump
    American Psycho
    Starship Troopers
    Shawshank Redemption
    IT
    No Country for Old Men

Interesting. I haven’t read any of those books because the topic doesn’t much interest me. I’ve also only watched Forest Gump & only once. Haven’t watched any of the others.

ajw

The Green Mile movie was better than the book imo

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.