Jalapeno poppers advice

• crawdaddy
    Participant
    St. Paul MN

I have a rooster thawing out and was gonna try making these. I know it’s a simple recipe, but is there anyone who really has it down? It seems like the more basic the recipe, the more variation comes up when you search it. Not a skewer or kabob either. I have fresh peppers from the garden.

Thanks in advance!

onestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

We cut the peppers in half, add cream cheese, usually a vegetable cream cheese. Cut the birds breast in strips and put a piece over the cream cheese, then wrap it with a piece of bacon to keep it moist then toss on the weber.

picklerick
    Participant
    Central WI

We cut the peppers in half, add cream cheese, usually a vegetable cream cheese. Cut the birds breast in strips and put a piece over the cream cheese, then wrap it with a piece of bacon to keep it moist then toss on the weber.

What he said. I use plain cream cheese so I can season it myself. I mix some bbq rub into the cream cheese and/or add very finely diced onion.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

I use this recipe.
    http://www.themodernproper.com/jalapeno-poppers

I also dice a whole jalapeno (or four) up and mix it into the cream cheese mixture. Gives it a good kick since you typically remove the seeds when cleaning.

Then smoke them.

tornadochaser
    Participant

pre-cook your bacon slightly before wrapping, that way you can get the bacon crispy without overcooking the wild game. Goes for waterfowl, upland, or venison.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.