It’s time for a new Minn Kota trolling motor and humminbird

• Ed
    Minnetrista, MN

I started out looking for a pairing to my TI2 but I returned and I’m starting fresh now. I’m looking for help on product selection and also the other items I will need as far as what chip to purchase and other items to make sure my direction is exact as possible. This is going on a 20′ fish and ski with a large swim deck. So there is no side kicker or talon that can be added. I fish primarily the river and the larger lakes in the metro. I’ve watched a lot of video’s on the products. But I haven’t seen any that really pair up current product that is available. I fish for walleye 90% of the time.

I would like a screen in the 9″ to 12″ size.
    I definitely want side imaging
    obviously spot lock
    I’d like to set the electronics to follow a contour.
    I want the best bang for my buck.
    My budget is around $4,000.00

I’ve been to Woodbury and the Rogers Cabela’s but due to low inventory, the guides weren’t able to help.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I have my boat set up with Helix 9 MDI/SI at the wheel and a 7 at the bow. they are networked. I do not have the link feature, mainly because I i never used it on my last boat. But an Ipilot w/ link would be what you are looking for. I am not sure $4000 will get you there but it should get you pretty close.

Ripjiggen

Size of trolling motor will be a big factor in price. Don’t waste your time at Cabellas.

Adam Steffes

I wouldn’t put a bow mount on since I don’t fish up there. I tend to troll around and fish off the back in the cockpit so I really only need one graph. Ipilot link on an ulterra and I never really have to leave the cockpit

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

If you fish the river with a 20’ fish and ski you need a 112#.

I run an 1850 Reata and the 112 on the river is an absolute necessity.

If the budget is $4k that probably limits you to a single graph. You’ll need link to follow the contour so get a 9 on the dash. You can always add a 7 on the bow.

I run garmin and have a 93/73 combo but rarely use the 73 on the bow. On the river you fish out the back of the boat so the bow mount isn’t really necessary imho.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.