It’s August And The Fall Cool Down Is Close

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Mid 50s this morning and I’m starting to get excited for the fall bite. I’m sure we aren’t quite there yet but I can’t wait to start throwing reaction lures again and seeing if we are FINALLY going to have a good fall topwater bite again.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It does feel glorious out this morning. I don’t think the a cool down is coming yet though. According to the climate prediction report for August 13-20, its supposed to be “above normal” with temperatures across the Midwest.

If you pick the right day, you can catch fish regularly on a reaction-type lure. Cloudy/rainy days are ideal. Like this past weekend. Not necessarily topwaters though.

Last fall the “fall bite” never really materialized because it was the warmest fall on record. Basically a summer-type bite through October. I remember fishing in mid October and the water temperature was still in the 70’s last season.

FryDog62

Slightly cooler temps at night will help… but the biggest thing is the days are getting shorter, so with longer overnight temps, the water will moderate more now.

Going to the far northern stretches of MN this week with highs in the mid-70’s and lows in the 50’s… could either be a tough transition period or trigger the bite.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Yep time to start getting the wake boat ready for storage Ralph.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.