ISO 18-20′ deep v $25-35k

• Deuces
    Participant

Got word it’s a go for a new ride, goal is to acquire one before opener next year.

Any friends family acquaintances you may know who may be selling or thinking of selling one in this range over the next few months I’d sure appreciate a contact. Preferably 19′ glass.

Havent looked at the Cl or WC, assuming slim pickens in this price range as usual.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

PM sent

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

No must haves on that list? Like prefer to have a built-in beer cooler?
    Did you decide to stick to a full windshield and console or tiller?

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Got word it’s a go for a new ride, goal is to acquire one before opener next year.

Any friends family acquaintances you may know who may be selling or thinking of selling one in this range over the next few months I’d sure appreciate a contact. Preferably 19′ glass.

Havent looked at the Cl or WC, assuming slim pickens in this price range as usual.

There are some older Ranger 692’s around. A repower would make them a very nice rig.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

I’ve started seeing some newer decent tillers not too far from that range.

mojogunter
    Participant

I had a 18’6″ Stratos 385 that was honestly a much better ride than my 2025 Lund Pro-V. You should be able to get one fairly priced that they stopped making them. They also made a 326 that was 20, but I have never been in one so I can’t say how they ride. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another if I was in the market for that size boat. Other options would be a triton or Tuffy. They are priced better than others, and have a solid hull and good ride as well.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Now’s a great time to look…people looking to get rid of boats and don’t want to pay winter storage.

Market seems to be loosening a bit but I think that’s a pretty competitive price range.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Of all the brands I’ve owned my old Tuffy might have been the best over-all for the money. It had a narrow beam compared to todays boats but it was fine in all types of water.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

My next boat will be another Tuffy. I run one now and will go to a bigger one (new or slightly used) when the time comes. They’re a nice mix of features, quality, and price. I’ve visited where they’re manufactured and it was a top notch experience.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

My next boat will be another Tuffy. I run one now and will go to a bigger one (new or slightly used) when the time comes. They’re a nice mix of features, quality, and price. I’ve visited where they’re manufactured and it was a top notch experience.

Was that when Fiberdome owned them?

What model do have now? Wheel boat or tiller?

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Fiberdome, although I have a buddy who bought new 2 years ago from them with great experiences. I believe he has a 19′ boat.

This was a picture snapped outside the old house this Spring before we moved to the new build, but it looks the same today and is not used enough. I’ll probably sell it this Spring and find something a bit more family friendly with full windshield adding 2 kids, but can’t speak highly enough about Tuffy as a great multi-species platform.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. Not exactly what the OP was looking for though

Attachments:
    1. 1754C7E2-244C-43DD-A251-5EAE021EB4DF-scaled.jpg

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Is that a 1760? Optimax? Nice looking rig.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I really like Tuffy and when I bought my boat in 2006 I was almost going to buy a 2 year old leftover one in Elk River. Seemed like a great deal. When I checked it over there was gel coat cracking all over the place, livewell, rod lockers. Major bummed because I really like that boat. Not sure how or why it happened, maybe water got in there because it was sitting outside and did not have a cover on it.

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Is that a 1760? Optimax? Nice looking rig.

1700, so a bit shallower. The first and only owner before me was a big Muskie guy.

115 Optimax. Does 43-45mph. No complaints just looking to go the full windshield route at some point.

Deuces
    Participant

Sorry fellas, my details were lacking and i should know better!

Me and my dad going half on it, will work out great since we both have busy life’s and he has a nice place to store it, been talkin about it for years. But I had to talk him down from a big ol Baron or similar. Go big or go home in his book.

Full windshield, at least 18′. Can’t be underpowered as it will see alot of family use.

Rodwork no built in cooler, takes too much time to dig out a cold one, we need our beverages much closer at hand grin

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

Is this deep enough? I’ll sell you the V for 22K. Under budget.

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

Photo didn’t post…

Attachments:
    1. shirtless-grey-deep-v-neck-undershirt-feature.jpg

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

If it were me I’d be patient, In my opinion there gonna be dropping in price by next year, interest rates keep going up things are gonna change. Just be ready to purchase though I’ve seen some decent prices on some boats already this fall.

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

If it were me I’d be patient, In my opinion there gonna be dropping in price by next year, interest rates keep going up things are gonna change. Just be ready to purchase though I’ve seen some decent prices on some boats already this fall.

I was thinking about this. I think new boat sales are going to dip…most people are financing them and rates by next summer will be 6-8% or more.

I think that will make the used market even hotter. Boats in this price range could be a hot commodity.

I do agree to have cash in hand and be ready to purchase of hot find the right boat.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

People have been waiting for the bottom to fall out for years. While there has been a tiny adjustment lately I also don’t see things tanking.

If you find a boat you like, buy it if you can afford it.

MX1825
    Participant

People have been waiting for the bottom to fall out for years. While there has been a tiny adjustment lately I also don’t things tanking.

If you find a boat you like, buy it if you can afford it.

X2

isu22andy
    Participant

My buddy bought a 2002 Lund 17 footer in 2015 for 12k used for it 7 years and sold it this spring for 19,500 and had people beating down the door to come get it . He said it was the same way back then as far as competition in the 20-10k boat market . Good luck on your search , act fast and have cash in hand .

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

There’s a 2013 Skeeter WX1850 for $36k on Walleye Boats for Sale on FB.

4 BUCK
    Participant
    South Dakota

There’s a 2013 Skeeter WX1850 for $36k on Walleye Boats for Sale on FB.

Was going to post this also. If he is serious should jump on this one.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

That’s a sharp boat. Based on the photos.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Here’s what wc has listed in that price range. I spend probably too much time looking at boat ads and do think boat prices have at the very least paused, if not dropped a bit. It seems the peak was this past spring. Boats that are priced a little higher than pre-pandemic are moving, those that overpriced are sitting a long time and you’ll see several price drops before they move.

Attachments:
    1. wc-boats.png

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.