Is the Lowrance Elite-12Ti2 Compatible with the Merc VesselView BT Module?

• Matthew Pellegrino
    Participant

Considering the Lowrance Elite-12Ti2 and saw that it is BT capable. I currently have a VesselView BT Module that displays my Merc’s Engine info to my phone via mobile app…was wondering if the head unit can use this information via BT or will I need to purchase the VesselView Link (black box)….speaking with the salesmen, one said either connection would work, and the other wasn’t sure, but the manual is a little vague and I don’t want to go through the hassle of buying it just to find out it won’t work with what I have.

Dustin Tichy
    Participant

I am not sure. I will say that I have a couple of 9 inch Ti2s and have one of them hooked up to a network for my point 1 antenna and my motorguide xi5. When I had the shop rig everything I also had them add the link to my Yamaha outboard. This works great to see everything from the engine, run time, temps, pressures, rpms, etc. I assume there is a cable link to Merc as well and if you planned on having a network for either the point 1 or trolling motor you could just add the additional cable to the motor.

The BT between the units works well but not sure if it would hook up to the Merc BT unit. Be cool if it did!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.