Ipilot Link (Bluetooth) remote battery life?

• Jason

Mine is 2 years old and I think it’s on the way out.
    I found a replacement battery for $10 but I haven’t purchased it yet.

Is this the normal lifespan of the orginal battery?

FinickyFish

I’ve had mine for about 4 years and do not treat it well (don’t charge it right away, leave it in my truck all summer and winter) and it still lasts multiple days. Feel like you may have gotten a dud.

Norsky

I accidentally stepped on the corner of mine, cracked the screen, they are not repairable, $360 later I have a brand new one now plus a spare battery from the old one, make sure to buy the screen protector and hard case that fits around it. The guys at the Minnkota repair clinic said some of them do have charging issues.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

This year will be the third season on mine. I try to charge it on the way home from the lake. Held a charge all winter.

Norsky, what screen protector did you get?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

My bluetooth link remote won’t last a whole day on the water. And now I only use it when I’m drifting on a fast river. I normally just use the screens on my Solix units. I never thought I’d like touch screens on my finders but I do like them very much!!

john_h
    Hastings, MN

I just replaced mine after just 2 seasons. I was down to about 3 or 4 hours last August. Good now.

Jason

Mine still goes 3-4 hrs or so but I tend to use the features alot. I hate to be without it and have to rely on my phone or my graphs so I will be ordering a new battery soon.
    Thanks for the feedback

Netguy
    Minnetonka

There have been some long days on the water where I’m using it constantly where I’ll have to charge it after 6-7 hours.

keppenhiemer
    (507) MN

I bought the smaller one and use that all the time. I rarely use the I link remote what benefits do you guys see in using it I guess its a bit complicated for me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.