Interstate Group 27 batteries

• Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

I replaced my trolling motor batteries this fall and have two laying in my garage. What are you guys doing with yours? These are 6 years old. My last trip out they lasted 5 hours in wind and current.

Scrap yard with give $0.10/lb. They might have a little life left if someone wants them, let me know. Otherwise I’ll drop them at the scrapper.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Mine are hanging out under the work bench. I charge them once in a while and take them with sometimes for a back up. Only used a back up once, so I don’t know why I am doing it.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I run a power converter to mine when I ice camp. And have power to anything I need

Ripjiggen

Usually trade them for the core when replacing.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

I was fully prepared to get my $10 core rebate, but I found the boat dealership was $25 cheaper per battery than any other place, and they didn’t want the cores in exchange.

$140 a piece for group 31’s vs $165 a piece anywhere else was a great deal.

The group 31’s fit just fine and should give me a little more runtime.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

PM sent

rsee

Some businesses here in Iowa have had them stolen because of the lead in them. Might be able to sell them for the lead. Not sure what they’re worth.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>
    Usually trade them in when for the core when replacing.

X2

He said they didn’t want the core. So I assume he us asking for other ideas

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

He said they didn’t want the core. So I assume he us asking for other ideas

Lol ya I completely missed that part.

404 ERROR
    MN

Full Service Battery in Farmington gives the best price on cores. That’s assuming you don’t find a use for them and decide to let them go.

However, Oreilly buys batteries as well and I believe they give a $10 gift card.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Full Service Battery in Farmington gives the best price on cores. That’s assuming you don’t find a use for them and decide to let them go.

x2
    and on extruded aluminum.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

They pay by the pound so you get a little more for deep cycles than car batteries.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Last time I cleaned up around the farm and sold old batteries I averaged $22 a battery for 7 batteries, but scrap prices were higher then.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.