Interesting Info. Ice out dates on Minnesota lakes

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A buddy of mine and i were talking possible ice out dates for our local area. He found something that showed the historic ice out dates for Pleasant lake near Annandale. Looking thru the date he had I found something rather interesting. In 2012 the ice out date was March 19th. The following year ( 2013 ) the ice out date was May 5th. That is a 47 day difference from one year to the next. Since 1996 the earliest date is March 17th ( 2016 ) and the May 5th is the latest. Doing a little research I found this website that shows the ice out dates of lots of other Minnesota Lakes. It was kind of fun to look at date for various different lakes here in Minnesota. You can check out the site here:

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ice_out/index.html?year=median

stout93
    Becker MN

Just remember that 2012 ice out date is the year we hit 80 degrees on March 17.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I can recall 2018 being the latest ice out date for many lakes in MN. It tied the record on Lake Minnetonka, which was May 5. In mid April, we received a massive blizzard, and then by Memorial Day it was 90 freaking degrees. Spring was basically non-existent that year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.