Insulated Attach Garage Question.

• Charles

Quick question.

Can I add an Sink Water/Drain and a electric outlets on the attached wall between the home and the garage, as long as I fire proof between them?

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I have a full sink and countertop w cabinets along the wall between my garage and house – designed and built that way. I do have in-floor heat in my garage though. If you’re going to put in a sink and use it in the winter, you’ll likely need to heat the space to keep it from freezing. Otherwise, you could probable ‘winterize’ by shutting off the water, draining the pipes, and put RV antifreeze in the drain trap.

B-man

Of course waytogo

In my garage I installed frost-free valves (same thing you’d use for an exterior garden hose hook up).

One for hot water, one for cold water. Each is independent with a blue slinky washdown hose and garden nozzle.

The hoses are long enough to reach out the back service door to wash out coolers etc. They also work to wash down the garage floor from salt and blood (from deer lol). You could also install a faucet in the tub and just run a hose off that when needed.

Then I have a standard laundry tub with a 2’x6′ cutting/cleaning table sloped towards the sink and towards the wall, with a backsplash.

It’s all built into a closet that was there when I bought the house.

I’ll look for some pics for ya.

B-man

Here’s a pic of when I first built it. At that time I only had cold water but added a hot water line a few years ago.

It’s the best thing I ever did to the garage. Awesome for cutting fish, deer, mushrooms, etc.

I’ll even wash my wife’s car a few times in the garage each winter.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220114-1227372.png

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

We installed them frequently and also in detached garages. Just use common sense for freezing drains and supply lines

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Here’s a pic of when I first built it. At that time I only had cold water but added a hot water line a few years ago.

It’s the best thing I ever did to the garage. Awesome for cutting fish, deer, mushrooms, etc.

This is what I’ll be doing in my garage this spring. Same with adding a troff drain in so I can squegee water in to it and wash vehicles in my garage.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

This is what I’ll be doing in my garage this spring. Same with adding a troff drain in so I can squegee water in to it and wash vehicles in my garage.

FYI- verify if your municipality requires a catch basin when installing garage floor drains. It’s an ordinance that varies a lot, but costly to “re-do “

Charles

Cool guys,

Just want to make sure, yeah heated garage but everything will be frost and freeze prevention. I have a perfect area that will setup a with a sink with hot and cold.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.