Insight Genesis mapping program.

• Joe Thody
    Participant
    Auburn, NE

Anyone use this program?

http://www.gofreemarine.com/insight-genesis/

“Insight Genesis’ cloud-based software does all the work, automatically processing the sonar data you upload to create your custom maps.

Free and Premium subscribers can easily create, use and store unlimited custom maps with adjustable, high-resolution contour lines, depth-transition shading, automatic and manual depth offsets, and notes, tags and waypoints.”

TripleA
    Participant
    Blaine

I use it. I have used it a lot to locate hard bottom areas for bass. The program is really helping me to understand contours better. I actually just logged sonar for the first entire year and saved it on my computer so when I payed the $100 I had a ton of data to upload. Logging sonar is just a part of fishing for me now, it gives me something to ponder and review when not on the water.

TripleA
    Participant
    Blaine

It also helps a lot in finding isolated weed beds that many people miss, I usually miss them until I see the log and map at home, then I target them on the next outing. The free version does not allow you to keep your data private, check out lake moses in brandon mn, yup that’s all my data from before I paid for the yearly subscription.

Joe Thody
    Participant
    Auburn, NE

I’m just running a kayak, on mainly small SE Nebraska lakes right now, so sharing that it’s much of a big deal for me.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

I used it last summer on a trip in Canada. The area we were fishing was not mapped at all on any maps chips so saving these files were invaluable. I look forward to creating more maps in coming years to really fill out the areas I frequent. For the most part most “local” popular lakes are mapped pretty well, but off the beaten path ones are not. Those I hope to augment in the future.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.