Illinois Illini Football Team is now 3-4

• munchy
    Participant
    NULL

Is this when we blame the refs?

Jeremy
    Participant
    Richland County, WI

Is trolling allowed outside of fishing discussion on this forum?

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

If you look back on the last month or so, you’ll see plenty of trolling.

bigpike
    Participant

Go bucky. In the grand scheme of things they weren’t even considered a top 20 team this year. Lots of season left!!!

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

Opens the door for the gophers to win the West. Wisconsin will have at least 2 losses in conference assume they lost to Ohio state.

Never thought the gophers would be in this position but here they are.

Like you said Andy….it’s why you play the games!

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

Opens the door for the gophers to win the West.

I said that in the Gophers thread at the beginning of the season and got laughed at. Like Andy says, that’s why we play the games, instead of just going by what the armchair experts on IDO threads say.

bigpike
    Participant

When and if the gophers play and win a game against a top 20 team or even a top 40 team I’ll give them some street cred. Loading up a cup cake schedule and going 7-0 means little. I bet the badgers bounce back against Ohio St. next week.

welliou
    Participant

At least we haven’t lost to an unranked team such as Illinois and the gophers are ranked 20 but mostly with smoke and mirrors!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

When and if the gophers play and win a game against a top 20 team or even a top 40 team I’ll give them some street cred. Loading up a cup cake schedule and going 7-0 means little. I bet the badgers bounce back against Ohio St. next week.

Well the Gophers didn’t willfully load up on a “cupcake” schedule. About all of them schedule “soft” opponents in the non-conference (including the Badgers).

The Gophers no doubt have benefited from an easier conference schedule which they didn’t schedule on their own. “Lucky Stars”?

Wisconsin is in no way as bad as the result of today’s game. Strange though…I remember years ago when a strong Badger team just couldn’t piece it together against Cincinnati non-conference and lost in a huge upset. If I remember though, they ended with a great season that year.

And yes, bet the Badgers will come out swinging next week against “The Ohio State University”…must watch TV!

Frankly, I was more worried about the Gophers face planting today, they have certainly set that precedent. roll

You always watch for those shockers…Georgia losing to SC at home last week?

If all the games ended as we expect they will, there’d be no reason to watch them.

Love college football… laugh

Matt Moen
    Participant
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    Opens the door for the gophers to win the West.

I said that in the Gophers thread at the beginning of the season and got laughed at. Like Andy says, that’s why we play the games, instead of just going by what the armchair experts on IDO threads say.

I didn’t laugh but I certainly didn’t agree with you. Now it’s a realistic chance so good for the gophers. I’ll be rooting for them.

Dan
    Participant
    Southeast MN

I bet the badgers bounce back against Ohio St. next week.

How much?

jime
    Participant

The only bouncing going on with The Ohio State
    will be Bucky’s bouncing to their second consecutive
    loss.

bing bang bounce.

If they had the Packer refs …they would have won handily today.
    Ouch !! lol

bigpike
    Participant

Ah yes. I broke my own rule and had to be reminded why I dont respond to sports post on this sight. Best of luck to the gophers, Vikings, and any other Minnesota team. Back to fishing talk.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.